Faraday's Dark Space and Crooke's Dark Space (1 Viewer)

Web Addict

HSC
Hi.

What is the difference is between Faraday's dark space and Crooke's dark space in cathode ray tubes?

All my teachers use one or the other when talking about the dark spaces in the cathode rays tubes in the practical. It seems like they can be used interchangeably. However, when I asked them what the difference is, none of them have a clue.

Can you guys please clarify what the difference is or should I just refer to them as 'dark spaces' in tests?

Thank you.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Hi.

What is the difference is between Faraday's dark space and Crooke's dark space in cathode ray tubes?

All my teachers use one or the other when talking about the dark spaces in the cathode rays tubes in the practical. It seems like they can be used interchangeably. However, when I asked them what the difference is, none of them have a clue.

Can you guys please clarify what the difference is or should I just refer to them as 'dark spaces' in tests?

Thank you.
They are two different regions of dark space. There really isn't that much of a difference between them besides where they appear in a cathode ray tube. Faraday and Crookes just named those dark spaces after themselves because who wouldn't?

Web Addict

HSC
So Faraday's dark space is the one which appears in cathode ray tubes where the pressure is relatively low with striation patterns and Crooke's dark space is the one which appears in cathode ray tubes which have a very low pressure with just a fluorescence and no striation patterns?

Is it okay for me to just refer to them as 'dark spaces' in my school exams and the HSC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)