Farr confused about my degree (1 Viewer)

Flamethrower

HSC
Ok, I'm doing commerce/economics planning to major in finance, accounting and economics. Can i finish this in 4 years and can i do 3 majors?, i tried adding the unit of credits but its a mess with common courses and confusion about 'stuff.'

Currently finished 1 year, didnt do accounting 1b... as one of the 3 flexible courses so ill do it later.

Note: I prob choose the accounting courses that count to the min economic courses required. If not 4 years, how long extra do i have to study for?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
I am pretty sure you can complete it in 4 years. Commerce kids finish 2 majors in 3 years with some units of credits to spare (doesn't have to go to their major). Another major is only 48 UOC which takes a year. Therefore you can finish in 4 years for sure. Not to mention many of the core courses for commerce and economics overlap e.g. micro, macro, ECON1203.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I've done this exact same degree. It's fine. I emailed the ASB a few years ago and clarified. Any common courses (cross-overs from multiple majors or core courses) just create free electives. Because you'd be doing three majors you won't have many free electives (which is why I swapped my acct major to a minor), but I finished a month ago after four years. Just don't fail anything or you can say hello to summer school.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I've done this exact same degree. It's fine. I emailed the ASB a few years ago and clarified. Any common courses (cross-overs from multiple majors or core courses) just create free electives. Because you'd be doing three majors you won't have many free electives (which is why I swapped my acct major to a minor), but I finished a month ago after four years. Just don't fail anything or you can say hello to summer school.[/QUOTE]

and paying full fee for those courses up front

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Yes you can do it in 4 years, I just did. I did have to do one course in summer but that was my own fault for doing another course that I didn't need to do.

msbhvnboy

HSC
If you're choosing do get a CPA which requires infs + entities + tax, then I'm pretty sure you'll have to overload 1 subject. If you are getting a CA which requires just entities + tax, then I'm pretty sure you can complete it within 4 years. Not sure though. Also I did accounting 1b, so since you didn't you should be able to fit it in to 4 years.

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad
Nice, I'll just do all the subjects that overlap in com/eco and then have free electives to do arts!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)