Fast food jobs (1 Viewer)

JimBob

HSC
N/A
*shudders*

Well, I worked at burger king for about 6 months a while back, and I no longer eat burger king... Our joint got shut down, and that's why I left. The pay wasn't crap, about $7.80 ph for a 15 yr old, but the fact that they didn't pay extra on public holidays was teh suck.....

Now I'm going for a job at Bunnings Warehouse :D

crazylilmonkee

HSC
at the time the lowest wage was $5.55 and thats what i was on but on sundays it was like $8 and then working 8 hours was $64, pretty good for when i was 14!

mellyt

ok.. i can speak from experience of both coz i used to work at maccas and now work as a part of the colesmyer chain - for target...
working at places like target or kmart are a lot more boring.... you cant speak and joke around as much as if you are at maccas... maccas was one big party and the social scene is so good...
And if your thinking of the wages... they r quite similar... only like 10c diff or soemthing...
so honesty if you're not worried about workign with food or anythign liek that - take the fast food option - its so fun! :p

parry

i work at maccas, but i used to work at crazy clarks. Mcdonalds is way to organised for my liking, at my old job i just walked around the aisles for 5 hours picking up toys and avoiding customers.

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
i worked at hungry Jacks(st peters),man it sucked and eventually da guys didnt give me any shifts because i was slllooooooow

but im gonan apply at service station work at night,i dont mind that at all,they r good and u pretty bludge from 12pm-5am..lol...a bit dangerous depending on where u work!

Agent Z

HSC
Originally posted by crazylilmonkee
at the time the lowest wage was $5.55 and thats what i was on but on sundays it was like $8 and then working 8 hours was $64, pretty good for when i was 14!
lol isnt the legal age 14 9months??

Agent Z

HSC
Originally posted by Reshie
i worked at hungry Jacks(st peters),man it sucked and eventually da guys didnt give me any shifts because i was slllooooooow

but im gonan apply at service station work at night,i dont mind that at all,they r good and u pretty bludge from 12pm-5am..lol...a bit dangerous depending on where u work!
what you need is a gun under your desk

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
I guess that depends on where you work and who's your boss.

Of course, maccas and KFC (all those standard fried food shop would be shit).

I used to work in Pretzel World but I quite enjoyed it :) (no oily stuff) But I don't like end shifts coz you have to clean everything.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
one place i would never work in is a fast food outlet.... for one it would be so fucking boring... constantly repeating the same phrases over and over again..
2 it would put me off the food
and 3 ive heard that its not good for your skin being around all the oils and shit

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i would not want to work in fast food, i would get sick of the smell

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
I worked at coles for 1.5 years. You gain a deep and irreversible loathing for customers. Especially westies.
Hahah yeah, some customers are just sooooooo damn annoying.

I have never worked at a supermarket/Coles-Myer place or a fast food place so I can't really say which is better...I think I would prefer the fast food though because I prefer small shops with fewer people that I can mingle with.

I used to work at The Reject Shop and I couldn't stand it, the people there were so bossy and cold and bitchy, so I fuked that off, now I work in a small deli where there's only like 4 other people and it's really good, it's a bludge :) Generally I think the smaller the shop is, the bludgier it is

LiLLy_H

Hey!

I'm not sure, but I'm basing this on what my friends tell me.

Fast food jobs are pretty bad. They make you stand like 8 hours straight (checkouts and cooks), and for low wages.

Plus they expect you to eat there on breaks, so you tend to gain a lot of weight

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I would never go near maccas or KFC or anything like that....oily and greasy, and the same thing over and over.

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
i work at kmart on the night shift as a shelf packer. I only get abot 9.50 an hour for a 17yo and it doesnt get much more as you get older... its hard work too and at my work we get treated badly.. im leaving soon after 18months it'll look good on the resume hopefully

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i used to work at coffee shop it was nightmare they paid me $6 i was 14 years old , i worked without any day offs for 4 months( later on i just couldnt work physically) emotionally humiliated by owner wife ( she was a bi*ch) i didnt have parents back then to defend me. when i qiuted i was the happies human being
my advice never work at food shops

Last edited:

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
im not sure fast-food is the way 2 go, i went 2 kfc 4 an application form, and they didn't have, so they jst sed 2 put my details on paper and clip it to my resume

mikebox

I work at Maccas at the moment, i am at Express in miranda, the pay isnt that good to be honest, but yeah, as you guys have said, it is great on a resume so i guess that is why i am only doing it, oh and also when i needed itthe most it is a weekly income of around about $50

Karlee

I worked at Burger King (it changed to Hungry Jacks about 2 and a half years into my 3 years there) and it was bloody awful.
I started when I was 15, and the pay was like $5 an hour and my managers were assholes and always tried to crack onto the young girls that worked there.
My boyfriend also worked there, but he stopped getting shifts when he turned 20, and my shifts started dropping off when I turned 18. They ripped me off my pay a few times, and they generally treat you like crap and don't give you any respect.

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
they like the young ones so they pay less wages

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by Suney_J
im not sure fast-food is the way 2 go, i went 2 kfc 4 an application form, and they didn't have, so they jst sed 2 put my details on paper and clip it to my resume
that's odd, KFC made me fill out this long-ass test booklet thing with questions like "It is acceptable for me to steal from my employer if I feel I am underpaid:
1) strongly agree
2) agree
3) don't know"
etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)