Fave author? (1 Viewer)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Who is your favourite author?

Mine is Nick Hornby...I love the way he writes, there are so many moments where you just stop and think "That is so true!" He really captures the way people think an act towards things-even though in theory it may sound totally stupid when actually written down, it is that stupidity that makes his writing so good! :p

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
It depends on what type of book im reading: Fav fantasy author would be David Eddings or Raymond E Feist, but i like Tom Clancy, Stephen King and abit of Gore Vidal never hurt anyone, i think im easily satisfied when it comes to reading

elfgal

tolkien (jrr) hands down.
but other than that, and across the nightingale floor i'm not that big a fantasy fan..and my favourite non-fantasy author would have to be kureishi

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
I'm a fan of Grisham. Read most of his stuff.
Speaking of him though, what's the story behind the Gingerbread Man, because the movie is all like "John Grisham's..." but I've never actually seen this book, nor any other references with it and Grisham.

Last edited:

funkychickie

it depends im open to suggestions

i try not to judge a book by its cover.. but i dont really like much science fiction
i do like margaret atwood...shes ok and i really like more biography fiction books...

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Yeah Grisham, Archer...... I mainly read autobios............

Regarding that Gingerbread Man, Grisham novel.............yeah Ive seen the book around.........check out your local library.......

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
David Eddings is my favourite authgor, and Kathy Reichs is pretty good. Oh, and Janet Evanovich is excellent, I can really relate to a lot of the stuff she writes about.

Sarah J

HSC
I like Isobelle Carmody's stuff, but she's too damn slow at getting the books out. Damn her! Though I guess I should have learnt by now not to start a series that hasn't got a conclusion yet....

Juliet

HSC
Ahhh! That's a hard question....there are so many....I would have to say Pamela Belle. The author of 'Moon in the water', 'Chains of Fate' and 'Alethea'. She is a romance/historic novelist.:D

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
i've only read catch 22, but fuck joseph hellier is amazing. i really like reading tim winton, he just has a really nice prose. haha and this old surf journo called dc green, he was a fucking legend. hmmm who else. i havent read many books lately. remarque maybe.

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Dunno y but i dun relli like australian authors....n e way, i used to LOOOOOOOOOOVEE R.L.Stine, ukno....Goosebumps and Fear st ????
I like Margaret Atwood and Thomas Hardy.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Jeffrey Deaver .. wrote The Bone Collector. He's tops.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)