Favourite bands/music (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by punkerific_darz
Both? There's not only two types of punk. There are various genres. Ska-punk, Skate-punk, surf-punk, emo-punk, hardcore-punk, Christian-punk etc. I'd have to say I'm emo, ska punk. The Get Up Kids, Dashboard, Thinktank, A, Thursday, Taking Back Sunday, Hey Mercedes, Millencolin, The Early November, Straylight Run, Noise Ratchet, Starstruck, Silverstein, etc.
*shudders* ..... There aint that many types of punk... the big ones are emo, ska, hardcore, old school, prog, and pop

punk these days shouldnt be called punk though, the vast majority of punk has lost what being a punk was all about, The Offspring, Green Day, The Ramones..etc, were the ones whom i still listen to, the old school ... and some new prog punk such as Mars Volta on the side.

Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
My tastes are fairly varied, ranging from jazz to post-rock to trip-hop. A few of my favourite singers/bands;
Radiohead
Joy Division
Augie March
Do Make Say Think
Miles Davis (Just got Bitches Brew..)
Sonic Youth
The Pixies
The Dirty Three
The Smiths
Jeff Buckley
Bjork
My Bloody Valentine
Slint
Mogwai
Modest Mouse
The Beatles
Bob Dylan (Especially from Freewheelin' Bob Dylan to John Wesley Harding.)
Nick Drake
Wilco
Do Make Say Think
Talking Heads (More people really should be into this band, beyond their later hits. You'll be Byrne'n Down The House even. :D)
The Clash
The Flaming Lips
Massive Attack
Portishead.

I prefer to classify in terms of bands rather than genres, seeing that almost all musical genres have a minority of good groups worth listening to....And much that isn't, shall we say.

WERD!!!!!

:) .... im quite varied nowdays, whereas a few years back i was mainly grunge/metal, i have since branched out into everything except Dance/Techno/RnB/HipHop/Rap....

i just dont like those styles....

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I'm into:

Offspring
Hoobastank
Muse
A Perfect Circle
Guns N Roses
The Butterfly Effect
The Whitlams

And more of the well-known bands such as Matchbox 20, Evanescence and Incubus.

nafe

HSC
N/A
I'm into:

Metallica
Tool
Nirvana
Silverchair (the older stuff)
Sevendust
Rob Zombie
Rage Against the Machine
A perfect Circle (damn them for cancelling their BDO show..)
Soulfly

nafe

HSC
N/A
I've heard a little about it.. where and when is it?

I'm really looking forward to seeing Metallica at the BDO!

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
damn i wish i could see apc.. but nooo... i have to go to uni 3 days later, and i have no money.. oh well qotsa this saturday should make up for it somewhat

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
just bought Absolution by Muse, its so good, also got Room on Fire by the Strokes and new Outkast CD.

SmokedSalmon

HSC
I despise Rap music nowadays. The lyrics are only to do with sex... and don't let me get started on those video clips. Like where the black guy grabs his crotch and rubs himself up against 20 different barely clothed women. yuk... definately not my cup of tea.
Anyway...
I really like rock music i.e Red hot chili peppers, heavy metal i.e. Marilyn Manson, NIN, Korn and Chill out music i.e. Enigma.
And yes, sadly enough sometimes pop music when they get stuck in my head. Damn you Kylie!

Kittycat

HSC
I am more of a chinese, German, oldies, classical, church music person but I also like dance.

& I have to agree with you smokedsalmon about rap music nowadays. I hate those video clips with the women being barely dressed & all

Last edited:
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
Talking Heads (More people really should be into this band, beyond their later hits. You'll be Byrne'n Down The House even. :D)
am i the only person who got that? :(
very funny.
ive said it before, but holy shit you have good taste. extra points for the daria av too

PrettyNoose

HSC
Originally posted by BallymcBallTits
am i the only person who got that? :(
very funny.
ive said it before, but holy shit you have good taste. extra points for the daria av too
i second that

EskimoPunk

HSC
Pop punk, emo, crap crap crap.

Let's see...GC own my soul. As do Mest. And NFG, The Used, NOFX, Rancid, Taking Back Sunday, Homegrown, The Movielife (RIP), Goldfinger, Jimmy Eat World, MxPx, Sugarcult, Saves The Day, Simple Plan, Yellowcard, Weezer, Something With Numbers, In The Grey.

PrettyNoose

HSC
Originally posted by EskimoPunk
Pop punk, emo, crap crap crap.
you just called your own favourite music "crap crap crap"...dude thats just lame-o.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)