Favourite Beauty Items (1 Viewer)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
So at work today I was thinking about some of my favourite beauty items over the years. There's Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss which I love, in the colour "shine city" which is basically clear with a light pink tinge and shimmer:

But its $21.95 for that tiny tube lol so I dont buy it anymore. Also love MAC matte lipstick in cherish, and I tried a new one the other day in Viva Glam II (which is like cherish except slightly more pink, as cherish has a nude/brown base). This is cherish:

My favourite mascara ever WAS L'oreal Lash Architect. I had it years ago, then went a long time without having it. I bought it again a few weeks ago for the first time in ages, but I think its a bit different. The brush has changed too, and I prefer the thicker, old brush. I also like black NP Set (napoleon perdis) mascara, its in the white tube. I like the big, bristly brush. I hate Revlon mascara, all the ones I've ever used are so clumpy.

I have tried a handful of foundations, because I'm always looking for the best one with my colour. I've tried:
- Revlon Colourstay (Sand Beige): wasn't good coverage, and I found that it remained wet after application meaning it'd come off by rubbing it.
- L'oreal True Match (?) in golden beige. Twas very good when put together with Natio Mineral Foundation (which I used as a powder on top)
- Clarins Everlasting Foundation (Honey). I really liked this, wasn't too cakey and stayed on all day. Might buy it again sometime.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear. I tried it in two colours, Ivory Beige and Fresco. I found the first one to be too dark, and left a dark line along my jawline. Fresco was a shade lighter and it suits much better. Its a bit hard to put on (can get blotchy if you dont apply quickly and evenly) but the coverage is awesome.

I use natio young facewash and moisturizer, they're decent. I want to try Estee Lauder Hydrationist day cream but its like $75 lol and I am poor. I might pinch some from the tester at work. Also I want to try some bloom nail polish because apparently its really good? I usually use Revlon nail polish (black, red, fuchsia are my main colours) but I find it to be shit.

ITT share favourite beauty items and also experiences with products and things you want to try, etc etc.

Attachments

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
OH and has anyone smelt that new perfume "Naughty Alice"? It sounds like its going to be a bogan perfume (from the name) but it doesn't smell bogan. It smells kinda old :/

I love Narciso Rodriguez for her, but its too expensive. I also love Stella by Stella McCartney. They are probably my two favourite "winter" fragrances.
In summer, I love Chanel Chance, and Dior Addict 2.

I also love Ralph by ralph lauren although havent had it in years. Was my first perfume ever :D

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Marshmallow by Mor perfume (shall never use any other perfume ever again)

Bloom "Bella" red lipstick

L'Oreal Glam Shine "unlimited red" lip gloss

Urban Rituelle peaches and cream lip gloss

Caboodles shimmer dust brush
Body Shop strawberry body butter
and this little gem:

Last edited:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
teapot bras

chopstick n hair

the usual..

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
i like my women...... edible

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Foundation:
Estee Lauder Lucidity Light Diffusing Foundation in Pale Ivory.

Setting Powder:
Clarins Cotton Flower face palette (unfortunately it's limited edition)

Concealer:
Benefit Erase Paste in Fair

Mascara:
Estee Lauder Turbo Lash motion effects Mascara

Eyeliner:
Bobbi Brown Long wear Gel eyeliner in Ink Black

Brows:
Estee Lauder Automatic Brow Duo in Soft Blond

Lips:
Benefit Cupids Bow Lip shaping set

Bobbi brown lip Craying (mixture between lipstick with the application method of a pencil) in warm rose.

Perfume:
Angel by Theirry Mugler

Face:
Clarins Daily Energiser range

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
I've sampled that Clarins range before, it's pretty good.
What's the turbo lash mascara like? I was looking to buy an EL mascara but wanted feedback from others first.
I want to try benefit too but it's out of my price range.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
It's amazing.

Best mascara I've ever used... and I've used a lot. My mothers a beauty therapist so I pretty much get to try everything.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
That sounds awesome. Do you know if the other EL mascaras are good?
I Get a lot of freebies from work lol, but i don't get to choose what I get so a lot of the makeup I use is like free revlon eye shadows, natio lip gloss, etc. Never the EL or Clarins stuff, gotta buy that myself =(

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
They're all pretty good quality but besides the Turbo Lash and the projectionist the rest of them are pretty standard mascaras.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
also, angel by thierry mugler makes me so nostalgic- reminds me of my childhood for some reason. is it really that old?

edit: according to wikipedia it was made the year I was born lewl.

HSC

I love this. People think that I have awesome skin when I really don't. Very easy to blend, doesn't move around much.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i really want these...

that nude by nature mineral foundation is quite fantastic

HSC
That nude blush looks intriguing. May check it out during post exam shopping frenzy.

Sandy_Says_Boo

HSC
I LOVE using my Gel Eyeliner in Black by Missha Cosmetic

They're are so easy & smooth to apply ! So much easier and better than Pencil or Liquid Eyeliners!

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Bobbi browns eyeliner is the absolute best out of all the gel eyeliners.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
perfume of the month

current makeup inventory:

all this i got for free except napoleon stuff, mac stuff, and the estee lauder foundation.

thinking of trying clarins everlasting foundation next

HSC
N/A
The only make-up I put on:
Eye shadow kit – Has the Cookie Monster Blue to Black to White + Silver range.
Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Blue and Silver eyeliner pencils.
Black + Red lipsticks [hardly ever use these].
Mocha colour Lip-gloss/lipstick combo.
Pawpaw tube.
Foundation.
Oh and my hairspray.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)