Favourite Book Store (1 Viewer)

Jinglebell

HSC
Originally posted by Sirius Black
where is it?:(
There's a gorgeous Collins at the Broadway Shopping Centre, just a short walk from UTS or Sydney uni...I've had to stop going there cos I'm always tempted to buy pretty books I really can't afford.

Abbeys (across the road from QVB) has a brilliant classics section, I can spend ages in there just looking at all the books I want to read...

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Ugh, Dymocks wollongong is terrible, you can't find anything in there... and its so small and squished....
mmm classics.

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
Second hand book stores.. havent walked into a normal book store in ages.

HSC
dymocks for buying books, kinokuniya for looking at stuff...BUT!
Borders for just wasting time!!! Have you been to the Pitt St one? Its so cool, i spent like an hour in there listening to samplers from all the cds. well no all of them, but you get the idea! :)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Galaxy Books - the first dedicated science fiction/fantasy bookstore in Australia. Love it.

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
Leslie McKays..
havent been there for a while but its all warm n welcoming..
other then that dymocks
mostly my books come form my aunty who runs my school library.. for some reason she keeps giving us books.. its tops

capsicum

HSC
Originally posted by charlie_charlie
dymocks for buying books, kinokuniya for looking at stuff...BUT!
Borders for just wasting time!!! Have you been to the Pitt St one? Its so cool, i spent like an hour in there listening to samplers from all the cds. well no all of them, but you get the idea! :)
Kinokuniya and Borders are huge! Borders at Macquarie Centre is pretty big! i got some books from there and they were pretty heavy too so had to carry a heavy load home!

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Books Kinokuniya is the best! I love it! The only problem with Books Kinokuniya is that there's always shitloads of people sitting around the English manga section. I can't ever choose one (I normally buy one English manga, and two to three Japanese nanga), I need to tread carefully around the people.

Other than Books Kinokuniya, whichever bookshop I go to doesn't bother me. None of the others give me a 10% discount. Mind you, they're normally 10% cheaper than Books Kinokuniya anyway. :p

Lundy

Banned
HSC
The Dymocks (and Collins) around my area are small and hopeless. All my problems were solved when Borders opened at Macquarie. It's the next best thing to the city stores.

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
i go to

KINOKUNIYA ...

then i go and buy noodles at the Japanese cafe outside ... :D

pcwizz

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Dymocks in George St absolutely rocks, as does Angus and Robertson in Pitt St Mall. For second hand books, Newtown is the best especially Elizabeth's.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I've heard some bad stuff about Koorong, like sticking books about denominations they dislike in the "cults" section. Not going to say which ones because if people aren't offended they'll probably offend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)