• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

favourite clothing brand (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I don't have a favourite brand, I don't like all of my clothes to look the same.

I'll buy anything that pleases me aesthetically and fits well.

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
i cant believe ur nick is "azn gangsta" ahahh thats so lame

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Don't hate, this person is just trying to start a conversation and I'll be interested to see some people's try-hard answers

ediisjoz

HSC
yay

at the moment i'm liking Prince & Portobello... it's very cute.. they have polos and the logo is a squirrel... sold at myer... but i like heaps of stuff, just really like P&P at the moment

nwatts

HSC
Yeah I dabble in a bit of everything. At the moment i've got quite a few clothes from yd. and just jeans, some roger david stuff aswell. I generally steer clear of surf brands.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Ms 12 said:
I don't have a favourite brand, I don't like all of my clothes to look the same.

I'll buy anything that pleases me aesthetically and fits well.
ditto .

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
anything?? ... i dont buy clothes for the brands. i dont even know the names of popular brands these days. shit people... its just clothes

santaslayer

HSC
I like CUE on girls. Dunno why.

I don't have a favorite brand. I like polo tops or anything with an interesting collar (or lack of).

HSC
I just buy clothes that fit nicely on me, regardless of brands.
but is it just me or does anyone realise that certain labels/brands fit them better than others?

I've found that Seduce Clothing, Insight, & Alice Mccall have cuts that are really flattering to my figure, so they are my favourites (though i'm not fond of the Insight range). Whilst on the other hand, most of the clothes available from Supre, SES, Forcast and One Teaspoon have a much poorer fit on me.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I agree, I like Ralph Lauren because they have realistic sizing and their stuff really flatters me. Great jeans.

I wouldn't disrespect myself by shopping at Supre...

HSC
Neither would I. I think many people would/do, and all because you have the tweenies and "skanky" teenagers who buy clothing from there. Supre does have some "skanky" clothes but they do have some very nice items too, i think it's more the way you carry yourself...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I think supre really is designed for younger teen girls who haven't developed any shape yet. Thats why it looks so bad on those of us over the age of 15!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
the brands i like at the moment are zimmerman, alice mcall, bettina liano and marcs. they all have simple, flattering cuts with feminine features like bows or lace or nice prints.

i am also really getting into alex and alex shoes, which are really cute.

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
wow, i just realised dat all the chix are postin here .. hmmz ..

but anywayz, i don't know why i'm here .. do da do da di ...

brands for me are any at citybeach - skate or surf brands will do me

kkitty56

HSC
Sass & Bide 4 sure. Great jeans - luvin the black misfits! It's comfy n casual - however some of their t-shirts (the ones made of thinner material - not the ones with the slogans 'Pride' n wat not) only last about 6 months..
I like Veronika Maines winter jackets, David Lawrences cute sequenned boleros, Marcs Babydoll racerbacks and cute short shorts and sometimes CUE has some good items in it.. Gripp jeans are okay for the price ($150), but need to be tailored to fit perfectly - the thigh area is pretty darn massive in them..
I'd love a pair of Marc Jacobs round toe pumps :) Really cute, but damn expensive!
I'm a bit of a brand name junkie.. I'm not completely against buying random pieces from random shops, but i stay clear from Supre, Valleygirl, Tightrope etc. Generally, i wont buy a top if its under $30 since the quality obviously isnt there.. I want something that i'll b able to wear more than 3 times before it falls apart..

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
im not really into designer clothing because i cant afford it, ihave a few things that were mostly gifts. one of my favourite shops at the moment is bloch, i love a lot of their clothes. gym day or going outwise

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
union bay and levis jeans
blaq
country road
sportscraft
blazer
RL and cotton on polos
tarocash
some giordano stuff
the rest i can get from elsewhere, as people have said it, anything that looks good on you

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
sass & bide (just got hooked on their tees in the sales...HALF PRICE WOO!)
tokito (for work clothes. THE BEST)
marcs (again work clothes, makes me feel rich)
miss shop @ myer
portmans (sales great for cheap basics)
cooper st
thats all i can think of atm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)