Favourite Hangout spots on campus (1 Viewer)

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Where do you people normally hang out during breaks between lectures or after them?

library lawn rox my sox. :eek:

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
the cafeteria near library with pool tables atm, havn't had much spare time, getting books in between, meeting people etc

HSC
i havent even had abreak yet ive been too busy getting shit, but if i wasnt going over lectures it'd probably be commerce courtyard

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Whenever I eat lunch (usually my poor ol sandwich from home) I sit on the seats between the library lawn and the commerce courtyard. They're usually free and there's a lack of crowding. I've noticed that the commerce courtyard can get quite full, so I usually just head up that one set of stairs. I did eat lunch on the library lawn today, it was quite groovy.

I took a library tour today so instead of spending two hour breaks doing nothing, I'll visit the library and actually know what I'm doing this time instead of wandering around back and forth like an idiot.

I haven't been down the roundhouse or anything yet mainly because I still don't know anyone (apart from those who I talk to in lectures and lab's, but I've only seen one person outside of one of them all week) so it seems a bit douchey to head down there by myself only to have to walk up those stairs again to attend something else.

The stairs between the scientia building and the red center are good for sitting there and doing nothing for a while. I did my little summary there yesterday, it was quite nice.

elfm

HSC
If you're asian, it's absolutely essential that you hang out at the colonnade. If you're aussie, it's best that you stay away from there unless you want to enter china town. well, the food is pretty decent there...

other than that, upper campus has some good hanging out spots. i like the pavillion (glass house near mathews). the cafe near there (java) has good focaccias too!

gman03

HSC
elfm said:
If you're asian, it's absolutely essential that you hang out at the colonnade. If you're aussie, it's best that you stay away from there unless you want to enter china town. well, the food is pretty decent there...

other than that, upper campus has some good hanging out spots. i like the pavillion (glass house near mathews). the cafe near there (java) has good focaccias too!
I don't know which one is the cause and which is the effect, but one place seemed to be the "refuge" for the other group when the other place is full.

I hang out at Ivans

HSC
havent got a 'set' hang out spot as im still exploring the campus, but i did have lunch outside the library on the lawn, which was swell...

oh...btw, where else, besides the roundhouse and colonnade do they have pool tables??...its a bit of a trek getting there :eek:

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Damm, no more milk tea at the Colonnade.

Coffee on Campus (K17) is pretty good.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
havent got a 'set' hang out spot as im still exploring the campus, but i did have lunch outside the library on the lawn, which was swell...

oh...btw, where else, besides the roundhouse and colonnade do they have pool tables??...its a bit of a trek getting there :eek:
i can remember only 3 places where they have pool tables
roundhouse, the place near mathews theatres and the quad

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
The toilets near the doctors in the commerce quad are pretty awsome.

elfm

HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
matthews theatres pool tables...is that in matthew arcade..?
it's opposite the commonwealth bank. you can actually enter that place through a walkway connecting with mathews arcade... just keep walking through that entrance opposite tasty bites (i try not to go there if at all possible - heard bad stories about them and their hygiene... and they do look rather dodgey to me. actually, i don't really buy anything that is non-union based which pretty much rules out all of the food outlets in mathews arcade. they just all look dodgey to me for some reason.)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
elfm said:
it's opposite the commonwealth bank. you can actually enter that place through a walkway connecting with mathews arcade... just keep walking through that entrance opposite tasty bites (i try not to go there if at all possible - heard bad stories about them and their hygiene... and they do look rather dodgey to me. actually, i don't really buy anything that is non-union based which pretty much rules out all of the food outlets in mathews arcade. they just all look dodgey to me for some reason.)
sif, the laksa at the asian place in mathews is good!

elfm

HSC
Minai said:
sif, the laksa at the asian place in mathews is good!
lol i tried it once... the prawn laksa if i remember correctly. i ended up not eating half of it because it was too hot, but it was bloody expensive for the amount of prawns they gave you.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
That place literally stinks. I don't think I could sit there and eat. Always go to the Med lawn if I buy stuff from there to eat.

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
Eagles said:
me? pool tables all over campus. :p

Speaking of which, who were you playing in collonade the other day, the guy who talked to me and I had to pretend I knew who he was?

REPLY dammit, my curiosity must be salved.

edit: The 'puzzle fighter' machine in collonade is the place to be. I beat an asian the other day. At puzzle figher.

Last edited:

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Eagles said:
me? pool tables all over campus. :p
look at this guy
wears sunnies when he plays
sinks 7 balls in a row

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)