• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Favourite Movies. (2 Viewers)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by cleopatra
lol thats sweet
u like mine? God bless u Johnny, he who is only 23 years older than me.
hahah yes indeed ;___; man he's old.
my friend said i either like men who are a lot older, or men who are a lot younger than me... which is SO not true :p

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
1. High fidelity (all time favourite, even if its just for the record store scenes)

2. The Blues Brothers (the first one is a cult classic, BB 2000 sucked dick though)

3. The Shawshank Redemption

4. Pulp fiction

5. Mr T. - The Toughest Man in the World (probably should be #1 :) )

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
no order.

1. gone with the wind
2. requiem for a dream
3. pi
4. seven
5. american beauty
6. freeway
7. dead poet's society (could probably call this my all time favourite)
8. adaptation
9. grease
10. secretary

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine

i really didnt think it was that good. i thought that the entire movie was just trying to get to the big finish, and that it didn't really matter if it didn't make sense or the dialogue was completely unrealistic, just as long as the emotional ending was reached

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
see, the movie didn't make that much sense to me the first couple of times, there was a lot of stuff i missed, little bits of dialogue etc (like 3 words at one point which would explain an entire section). granted, i appreciate the ending, makes me cry etc, but to me, without what i get out of the first two thirds of it... i wouldn't be able to cry in the last third, y'know?

ultimately i will defend this movie to the death ;)

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
see, the movie didn't make that much sense to me the first couple of times, there was a lot of stuff i missed, little bits of dialogue etc (like 3 words at one point which would explain an entire section). granted, i appreciate the ending, makes me cry etc, but to me, without what i get out of the first two thirds of it... i wouldn't be able to cry in the last third, y'know?

ultimately i will defend this movie to the death ;)
well obviously, only having seen it once, i dont know as much about it as you do, but i thought the way the boys spoke was completely unrealistic. like they just went from this savages into intellectual, feeling guys from from classes with this guy. everything they said seemed completely out of character. that was what got to me

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i don't think they were savages per se, i think they were very much products of their environments, which encouraged them to be very unformulaic and unfeeling. however, when they were finally exposed to an influence such as mr keating, who encouraged them to subvert these values and enjoy english, and life, for its own sake rather than the... well, mathematical processes they'd been told to apply to it. also, the movie does take place over, more or less, 9 months, which IS enough time to change. there are a couple of lines/pieces of dialogue where i can definitely see what you're talking about, but overall i think they were just really trying to emphasise the effect keating had on these boys, and how it changed their approach to life.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
i don't think they were savages per se, i think they were very much products of their environments, which encouraged them to be very unformulaic and unfeeling. however, when they were finally exposed to an influence such as mr keating, who encouraged them to subvert these values and enjoy english, and life, for its own sake rather than the... well, mathematical processes they'd been told to apply to it. also, the movie does take place over, more or less, 9 months, which IS enough time to change. there are a couple of lines/pieces of dialogue where i can definitely see what you're talking about, but overall i think they were just really trying to emphasise the effect keating had on these boys, and how it changed their approach to life.
hehe, it's funny when you use big english words. the fact is, the characters were completely unbelievable, and no matter how you say it, that's how it is always gonna be

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hey, that's your perigative

perogative

whatever, joan

DAMN i am a nerd

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
hey, that's your perigative

perogative

whatever, joan

DAMN i am a nerd
now school of rock, that was a damn fine movie about the radical teacher that changes the lives of the students :)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
your children have touched me, and i'm pretty sure i've touched them
LOLOL ah that was gold. Yeah Dead Poets Society was a bit overrated in hindsight. I bought it on VCD a while ago and didn't find it to be that special

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
1. gone with the wind
2. requiem for a dream
3. pi
4. seven
5. american beauty
6. freeway
8. adaptation
9. grease
10. secretary

I like most of your movies btw.. to some extent at least, except for Pi, which I've never heard of + Grease, which is just crap, and Pi, which was a little too strange.

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
hmmm...sounds like an english essay

anyone heard of "to sir with love"? Also about this teacher to changed his students lives

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by jim_green
1. gone with the wind
2. requiem for a dream
3. pi
4. seven
5. american beauty
6. freeway
8. adaptation
9. grease
10. secretary

I like most of your movies btw.. to some extent at least, except for Pi, which I've never heard of + Grease, which is just crap, and Pi, which was a little too strange.
except for pi which you've never heard of, and pi which is a little too strange? umm, what?
grease is sooo camp and bad but i love it anyway :)

Originally posted by simmic
hmmm...sounds like an english essay
4u english is ruining my life. plus mum's an english teacher :p

overwhelming

No particular order:

Infernal Affairs
The Matrix
LOTR: ROTK
Die Hard 1
The Rock
The Usual Suspects
Goldeneye
Romeo Must Die
The Killer
Thirteen
Gone in 60 Seconds

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
except for pi which you've never heard of, and pi which is a little too strange? umm, what?
grease is sooo camp and bad but i love it anyway :)

4u english is ruining my life. plus mum's an english teacher :p
eep I mean freeway about the one I've never heard of

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)