• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Favourite NBA Player (1 Viewer)

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
I hate it when people say that because he lived up to his hype, LeBron is better then Carmelo, that is a load of crap. You dont get hyped up when you suck, so all he did was play to his potential..now im not saying he was an average player, 20-5-5 isnt average for a rookie, but in the end i think Carmelo should of got rookie of the year. Denver were worse then Cleveland team-wise and got further.

Originally posted by copious
lebron doubled his teams overwall win rate
Denver:
02-03 Season 17-65
03-04 Season 43-39

Cleveland:
02-03 Season 17-65
03-04 Season 35-47

I think Denver win in the team improvement department

Also, the only reason that Cleveland even go close to making it into the playoffs is that only 4 teams in the East were over .500 compared to 9 in the West, also, the 8th spot in the West was .524 (Denver) compared to .439 (Boston) in the East! How pathetic is that!!!

I have no doubt in my mind that Carmelo shouldve been ROTY.

[ Originally posted by reno2004
retired: Wilt Chmaberlin. Now that is domination at its best. 100pt game

The only reason that he scored 100 points in a game was because the defense back then was nothing like it is now and that the people he went up against were half his size, there is no way in the worl that he could score 100 in todays game, or in the last 15yrs.
Remember what the great MJ once said:
"If i was guarded by John Stockton every play and there were no double teams, I would score in the post everytime"

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Originally posted by Tommy_Lamp
Denver:
02-03 Season 17-65
03-04 Season 43-39

Cleveland:
02-03 Season 17-65
03-04 Season 35-47

I think Denver win in the team improvement department

Yes because Carmelo had a better support cast as stated previously by me and felix. Lebron had to take the majority of the offense, plus create the offense at the same time.

Denver :
Marcus Camby
Nene
Carmelo
V lenord
andre Miller

Cavs
Z Iglauskus
Boozer
Williams/Newble
Lebron
Jeff Mcinnis

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Firstly, Lenard was utterly inconsistent the whole year and did virtually nothing.
Camby added almost no offense
Same with Nene

now compare that with boozer and ilgauskas!

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A

The only reason that he scored 100 points in a game was because the defense back then was nothing like it is now and that the people he went up against were half his size, there is no way in the worl that he could score 100 in todays game, or in the last 15yrs.
Remember what the great MJ once said:
"If i was guarded by John Stockton every play and there were no double teams, I would score in the post everytime"
Dont forget that Shaq is easily bigger than everybody in the league. And that 'domination' is only relative to the people who you are playing against. I never said that he would dominate against the current NBA players. I said he dominated in his own time.

Who do you reckon will be the best rookie this up and coming year? I reckon it will be Okafor, because he seems the most ready of the players. but u never know, that dwight howard kid looks like he could become another kobe or tmac or garnett(outta high school star)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
leonard contributed over 15 points per game, he was semi decent. Yeah Boozer and Zman are better players than nene and camby, but statistically i dont think they were that much different, though the Cavs duo no doubt averaged more in points.

Originally posted by reno2004
Who do you reckon will be the best rookie this up and coming year? I reckon it will be Okafor, because he seems the most ready of the players. but u never know, that dwight howard kid looks like he could become another kobe or tmac or garnett(outta high school star)
Depending how Okafor pulls up, apparently he's got a stuffed back. I just hope Dwight Howard doesnt turn into another Kwame Brown or Michael Olawakandi.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Originally posted by reno2004
Dont forget that Shaq is easily bigger than everybody in the league. And that 'domination' is only relative to the people who you are playing against. I never said that he would dominate against the current NBA players. I said he dominated in his own time.

If Shaq got the ball every play, and never got double-teamed or hacked, and the refs gave him a bit of leeway, he could score everytime.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
leonard contributed over 15 points per game
he averaged 14.2ppg in the regular season, but only 11ppg after the all-star break, which is pretty poor from a starting 2-man

I just hope Dwight Howard doesnt turn into another Kwame Brown
dont doubt Kwame yet, this is the year where people will find out if hes going to do anything, and remember, Jermaine O'neal did achieve much until his 4th year when he got traded to Indiana. If Kwame doesnt play well by the trade deadline, he will be traded, then in his new team will see what he will become

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
lenard was awesome, and the nuggets had their X factor, Super Earl Boykins! :D and they had Chris Andersen who is awesome as well

while the cavs only had lebron and (2nd rounder) boozer

nielsen is going to denver for another trial after the olympics i think, hopefully he can win himself a place on their roster

Last edited:

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
2001 was a pretty poor draft year but the guys that kwame (#1) was picked ahead
of:
Jason Richardson
Richard Jefferson
Zach Randolph
Tony Parker
Gilbert Arenas

Master GM Jordan at his best :p

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
There is no chance the MAtt Neilson will play in he NBA, hes to small for a 4/5 position and hes to slow for a 1/2/3 position.

There is no way you can say that your starting shooting guy, who averaged 14.2 ppg, 11ppg after the all-star break was awesome.

and dont make me post the individual season stats for each team, cleveland clearly have the advantage

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
There is no chance the MAtt Neilson will play in he NBA, hes to small for a 4/5 position and hes to slow for a 1/2/3 position.
Nielsen could take the place of tskitishvilli, that guy just plain sucks ass. Matty would bring more to the nuggets than that kid ever will

In the denver games ive seen where tskitishvilli actually gets some court time, he is out of it, doesnt get involved in anything what so ever

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
first, tskitishvilli is still young, secondly hes 7'0 and strong, hes also fast. Neilson is only 6'10, slow and way to weak.

Oh and btw, he didnt make it in at the tryouts (which were on the 26th), and how can he get involved? Hes playing behind Nene, Camby, Anderson and Elson. He only played 8mins a game this year, he played 17mins a game last year but that was a rookie and on a team that was utter crap. Hes to young and inexperienced to prove anything. does that mean you can say the same thing about Darko?

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
anyway, my fav nba player is jason kidd. the ultimate team player, best passer in the league, and he got heaps of triple doubles this year. when he was injured the nets were crap.

Hotsauce

Denied
HSC
Originally posted by ToO LaZy ^*
jordan, iverson- gotta love his crossover :D
I still remember the confrontation in 1997, MJ getting crossed by the rookie Iverson in Philly. Old legs vs. New legs.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
haha yeah i used to have that video, still if mj was in his prime, i doubt it would of happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)