• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Favourite Simpsons episode (1 Viewer)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by fatmuscle
rofl at Frank Grimes episode!
hahahahha

one of my favourite ones is that 3scenario thingy

Homer's day, Bart's day, Lisa's day.
that one...
The best thing about that was the monkey at the very end
"This script made no sense! Tell the people!"

haha...I'm a sucker for monkeys. :)
Also from the other night:

Krusty(after reading a lame line off a cue card): "Bah! Who writes these lines?"
*shot of a monkey at a typewriter sidestage, making angry monkey noises, with the translation: "I think it's impressive I wrote anything at all!" :)

Paisley

Banned
Marge vs the Monorail... best quotes ever.

Simpson! Homer Simpson!
He's the greatest guy in history.
From the! Town of Springfield!
He's about to hit a chestnut tree!
Smithers: Well, sir, where should we dump this batch? Playground?
Burns: No. All those bald children are arousing suspicion.
Homer: Do you want to change your name to Homer Junior? The kids can call you Ho-Ju!
Homer: I call the big one Bitey!
Quimby: And now, I'd like to turn things over to our Grand Marshall, Mr. Leonard Nimoy.
Nimoy: I'd say this vessel could do at least Warp Five.
Quimby: And let me say, "May the Force Be With You!''
Nimoy: Do you even know who I am?
Quimby: I think I do. Weren't you one of the Little Rascals?
Marge: Homer, there's someone here who can help you.
Homer: Batman?
Marge: No, he's a scientist.
Homer: Batman's a scientist.
Marge: It's not Batman, Homer!
Marge: And that was the only folly the people of Springfield ever embarked upon. Except for the popsicle stick skyscraper. And the 50-foot magnifying glass. And that escalator to nowhere.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Suicide Warrior
Definitly Homerpalooza, i've even downloaded that episode. you know the episode where there was guest from the pumpkins. and homer was one of the freaks who open for big bands at lollapalooza.
YES! I love that one too..

Although in my research for ext2, I have noticed a disturbing trend - as time goes on, the episodes get crapper and crapper.

Paisley

Banned
Originally posted by babydoll_
YES! I love that one too..

Although in my research for ext2, I have noticed a disturbing trend - as time goes on, the episodes get crapper and crapper.
So true... it's because they've abandoned plotting in favour of a bunch of set pieces...

Sammmmmuel

my favourite episodes are "Mr Plough", "Wacking day", "monorail", "snow one (where Bart repeats)", shit who am i kidding, every episode is my favourite. Simpsons kick ass. Matt Groening is a genius

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
last nights was hilarious-the one where Homer remembers he found a dead body when he was 12.
"I think I just logged onto my internet!" :D

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_
so so true!

Fry

yeah i agree the best eps were usually the ones in the mid 90s. my fav was definately (like others have mentioned) the Frank Grimes episode. Frank reminds me so much of me! i struggle through almost everything in life yet my sister who is very much like Homer is such a lazy ass and manages to succeed at everything she does. she gets high marks for exams and assignments but rarely studies and i always study my butt off and get low marks. ive been trying to find for a job for months and still havent got one, yet she just got one in less than 2 weeks. some ppl have all the luck.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I think the decline of The Simpsons was a gradual process, although to me, the transition into a general lack of quality becomes really apparent about Season 10 or thereabouts. The main reason for this was the show becoming increasingly 'wacky', but not in a humourous way. (The wackiness aspect can be seen earlier, but as the quality remained, it's not much of an issue, except perhaps as a portent...)

The thing with recent episodes, (As mentioned by others) is that semblances of plot seem to have disappeared in favour of a random cavalcade of allegedly 'hillarious' happenings that at the end, doesn't really make much sense,(But these episodes aren't designed for us to think about, sadly.) which greatly harms their replayability.. And worse yet, the clever humour of old has largely disappeared, so the 'balance' has been lost. I know it's 'just a tv show' and not a civilisation and whatnot, but it still annoys me. (Especially when people go on about how much better the 'new' episodes are. Please.)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
The "new" episodes are not that bad...they reallllly started going downhill a season or two ago, but I think they picked up the pace since.
But Gregor is right...the thing that is so special about the Simpsons is that you watch episodes 10-20 times yet never seem to tire from them. The new episodes may be funny, but I don't think they could ever survive channels 10 continuous loop of Simpson replays.

The Rev. Ian

new simpsons episodes are sooo muchb better than the old ones! especially the halloween eps!

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
My fave Halloween episode is the one where the dolphins take over Springfield.

"Argh, I'm the Seacaptain. Argh." :D

The worst episode is the one where Homer went to the 3D universe thing. :(

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
They are all repeats, of repeats of repeats.

Its making me go insane.

I saw one episode last night or somehting and it was the same episode that l've seen about 8 times this year.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i can't get enough of them...its just like seinfield, can't get enough of that either!

guy

HSC
eh
its proggressive
if it kept doing the same thing, youde be even more angry
so yeah i like new episodes alot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)