Favourite Students' Quotes (1 Viewer)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Post your favourite quotes said by someone in your class this year.

This happened in my English class last week:

(some student randomly mentions chicken salt)

(clueless Canadian teacher's like, 'What's chicken salt?')

(we all laugh, then try to describe chicken salt)

Student: Sir, what do you think the war in Iraq was about?

(we all laugh more)

(we get back to work)

HSC
ajdlinux said:
Post your favourite quotes said by someone in your class this year.

This happened in my English class last week:

(some student randomly mentions chicken salt)

(clueless Canadian teacher's like, 'What's chicken salt?')

(we all laugh, then try to describe chicken salt)

Student: Sir, what do you think the war in Iraq was about?

(we all laugh more)

(we get back to work)
how is that funny? they don't have chicken salt in canada, and whats more how can you *try* to describe chicken salt? its not that hard...

ajdlinux

HSC
It was really a bit of a 'you had to be there' moment. Not nearly as funny in writing. Still, anything you've heard?

(And why don't they have chicken salt in Canada?)

michael1990

HSC
Just got our Economics Textbooks.

Walked into Business Studies, Random kid says to me Michael! Our Economic Textbooks are mad!

They have everything we need in them. I couldn't help but laugh, he was then asked how it felt to be retarded.

LMAO

n.gallagher

HSC
Hey all, this isn’t a ‘quote’ as such, rather a story.

For our SC, the main supervisor would get up before every exam and read out all the legal stuff and what not, including: “If you have brought in any material with you that break BOS rules regarding cheating you now have the opportunity to hand it over without penalty” (abbreviated)

Anyways, on the last day when this was read out, there was this big sigh and a “Fine then, here you go” and this aboriginal kid pulls these two huge textbooks from under his shirt and hands them over to the supervisors…

lol...Good times

Last edited:

ajdlinux

HSC
n.gallagher said:
Hey all, this isn’t a ‘quote’ as such, rather a story.

For our SC, the main supervisor would get up before every exam and read out all the legal stuff and what not, including: “If you have brought in any material with you that break BOS rules regarding cheating you now have the opportunity to hand it over without penalty” (abbreviated)

Anyways, on the last day when this was read out, there was this big sigh and a “Fine then, here you go” and this aboriginal kid pulls these two huge textbooks from under his shirt and hands them over to the supervisors…

lol...Good times
LOL. I should organise a coordinated attempt at that for the HSC. Thirty-odd students, all admitting to cheating :p

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
In economics, talking about economics.
This dude goes ( and hes clueless, like out of it, but gets good marks) o yeah thats like zoo magazine.

Everyone starts cracking up

Sarsy

HSC
Oh, this reminds me of two guys. Not the brightest, as you'll see....

The first was downtown with a few mates. His girlfriend was coming downtown, so he got hot chips. Eventually, they met up but he apologised for not hugging her with "I'd hug you, but I've got hot chips".

And the other, after getting a question right, "2, 4, 6, 8, 10. Who do we appre.... Oh fuck"

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
In history in year 10 we were talking about the war on terrorism and this one girl in my class said "Why don't they just kill all the terrorists then?"

Yea.. Like they could just hold a terrorist convention or something to round them all up and then kill them :p

Jinpoo

HSC
Sarsy said:
And the other, after getting a question right, "2, 4, 6, 8, 10. Who do we appre.... Oh fuck"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

once, i finished my 2U maths exam with my left hand and had a staring competition with a teacher patrolling the exam hall.

law

HSC
N/A
"Zip, zip... zip, zip"

A guy in my English class in yr 9 tried to tell the English teacher that her fly was undone.

She realised... VERY FUNNY!!!

law

HSC
N/A
In a different maths class last year a student said the following:

"Is a perfect square a square where all the sides are equal?"

Teacher's response:

"You have got to be the dumbest kid I have ever taught"

HSC
in english, our teacher had been reading Emma for at least ten minutes when this guy asks, "so Emma is the main character?" and that's in advanced for fucks sake...

then, from a girl in biology, we have gems such as:

"are we [humans] mammals?"

"are we [Australia] on the [techtonic] plate?" <--- she thought we just floated around or something.

i love people like this. they reassure me that there's no way that i'm going to get a <30 UAI.

HSC
Rebekkie said:
In english, talking about influential books and their authors. after the bell goes someone says to me:
'so who wrote the diary of anne frank?' :p
I was talking about Anne Frank to someone and a friend came up and joined the convo.
She was like "Oh, isn't she that chick from a book ?"
And I said "Yeah, but it's like, based on a real person. Or at least she was a real person."
She looked at me for a bit and said "Nah.. I don't believe that".
Although, this came from a girl who admitted she thought Alice Springs was in Western Australia.
I was shocked to find that I was the only one in my group of friends that actually knew who Anne Frank was. Even when I asked a history teacher to explain he said "Um.. she's the one from Germany isn't she ?"

morning storm

HSC
haha there are some good ones here.

11 one hour lessons into our new modern history module on Albert Speer, the guy sitting next to me leans over and says

'wait so speer was german??'

Sarsy

HSC
Hehehe, these are awesome.

One of the guys (Who went on to become Vice Captain somehow) was having a bit of an inflated ego day. Some rugby thing he got into.
"2, 4, 6, 8, 10. Who do we app...Oh, shit"

Oh and from the same guy (Also a fair bit challenged in English as well as clichés)
"How do you spell Africa?"
"A-F-R-I-Q-A"
"Wait, isn't there always a 'U' after a 'Q'?"
"Nah, not in Africa, mate."

A Maths beauty. From a ME2 student.
"No, 2 on √2 is not √2."

That's all I can remember at the moment, I'll bring some more back tomorrow

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Ms. BRIGHTSIDE said:
Although, this came from a girl who admitted she thought Alice Springs was in Western Australia.
Haha. There is a girl in my year who thought that Tasmania was New Zealand, and that eskimos (or inuit people) werent real.

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
Ms. BRIGHTSIDE said:
I was talking about Anne Frank to someone and a friend came up and joined the convo.
She was like "Oh, isn't she that chick from a book ?"
And I said "Yeah, but it's like, based on a real person. Or at least she was a real person."
She looked at me for a bit and said "Nah.. I don't believe that".
I was shocked to find that I was the only one in my group of friends that actually knew who Anne Frank was. Even when I asked a history teacher to explain he said "Um.. she's the one from Germany isn't she ?"
Who said that?
I know who she was.

HSC
Yesterday in business studies.
It was about the word 'gross' and how it is pronounced.

TEACHER: The answer is gross profit.
FRIEND: Wait, isn't it like, 'grah - oss' profit ?
CLASS: What ?
FRIEND: Like, it's said 'grah-oss'. Because there's 'grow-ss' like as in, look at that 'grow-ss' bug on that table. And then there's 'grah-oss' profit ? Like, they are spelt the same but said differently.
ME: Um.. no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)