Federal Election (1 Viewer)

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: 2016 Federal Election

Abbott to waste money on medical research
Source: Sky News
The Abbott government will pump $559 million into medical research funding to find better treatments for common diseases such as cancer, diabetes, asthma, arthritis and cardiovascular disease.
Prime Minister Tony Abbott wants the funding to also help find new ways of tackling mental illness, dementia and indigenous health.
His first major health announcement, at The Alfred Hospital in Melbourne on Wednesday, came after Mr Abbott toured a laboratory to speak with researchers about future research to treat burns patients.
'The government is determined to do everyone we reasonably can, even in these fiscally challenged times to ensure Australia's health and medical research continues,' Mr Abbott said.
'At this point in time, we don't have additional funding but we are determined to ensure that the funding goes as far as it can that's why there are some changes coming to increase the length of most NHMC grants so people spend more of their time researching and less time filling out forms.'
Investing and supporting medical research is one of the best long-term investments in health that a government can make because it improves life expectancy and takes pressure off the hospital system, the government says.
The funding will support 963 grants across three National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMC) research schemes and support five fellowship schemes.
Victoria will receive $236.4 million, with the state's Minister for Health David Davis saying the grants would strengthen Victoria's hospitals and research institutions internationally.
'These grants can only help to build on best practice and help us get one step closer to tomorrow's cures,' Mr Davis said.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFfjxxQFrEc
Kevin Rudd's farewell speech in 2010. I supported Julia Gillard to replace Kevin Rudd in 2010 as a volunteer political adviser to the Labor party mainly to Julie Owens, Member for Parramatta. I supported Kevin Rudd to return to the top job in 2013. I stick by my political support of the Labor party and the advice I give. Kevin Rudd in my view had enormous potential to become Australia's second longest serving PM. Who knows what the future holds?

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad

Rudd's return saved at least 25 seats in the 2013 federal election.
Kevin Rudd will forever remain a Labor hero for leading the party to government after 11 years in Opposition. K Rudd also saved Labor from its worst federal election defeat. Labor insiders were talking about absolute catastrophe when Julia Gillard was Prime Minister of Australia.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad

Rudd media plan backfired: Bruce Hawker.
Source: AFR
Former PM Kevin Rudd tried to woo News Corporation journalists with trips on his VIP plane before the company turned on him with negative headlines during the campaign. Rudd worked in a consensus, collegial and consultative style of leadership with News Corp. The company was ruthless in its relentless campaign of negativity, destablisation and pessimism against Mr Rudd.

Mr Hawker said the Rudd camp heard rumours a week before the election of a calculated campaign in News Corp against the Prime Minister. Mr Rudd in turn accused Mr Murdoch of a conflict of interest due to his ownership of Foxtel which he said was competing with the National Broadband Network.

Last edited:

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad

Bill Shorten the Leader of the Opposition is going to lose the next federal election based on the carbon tax and his lack of strong leadership. Bill Shorten should listen to the Australian people and AXE THE TAX. Bill Shorten should ignore the brain dead Labor rank and file members who support the carbon tax. I predict Bill Shorten will be the worst Opposition Leader Australia has ever had. The Carbon tax is toxic.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad

It's gloves off and ready for the fight of Bill Shorten's life.
Source: Sathius005 and News Ltd
Bill Shorten, the Federal Opposition Leader is in the fight of his life. As he battles growing tide of discontent and early indication of a swing away from from Labor Party. The voters have woken up to the con that is the carbon tax which is not going to make the slightest difference to cutting global temperatures. Yesterday saw the ceremonial opening of the 44th Parliament. today Tony Abbott will front question time as Australia's 28th Prime Minister. I predict that Bill Shorten is going to become the most unpopular Opposition Leader Australia has ever had. He credentials as an economic manager have been called into question because of his support for failed policies such as the carbon tax and the Emissions Trading Scheme. Australians want strong action on border protection and are not soft touch on border protection. Bill Shorten must embrace Howardism (the policies of John Howard) and Kevin Rudd 2007 if he has any chance of winning the next federal election.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A

we should have a temperature tax

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC

I'm willing to call the election result now. Palmer United Party by a landslide majority (75+%), Liberals and Labor lose all their seats and the rest of the seats are dispersed between Greens and the Sex Party.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)