• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Federer or Hewitt? (1 Viewer)

Who do you feel is the better sportman/sport?

• Roger Federer

Votes: 102 91.1%
  • Lleyton Hewitt

Votes: 10 8.9%

• Total voters

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
you said it so well, but......gay for roger?! wth?!

again, who were the 3 idiots that voted for hewitt?!

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
you said it so well, but......gay for roger?! wth?!

again, who were the 3 idiots that voted for hewitt?!
I'm number 4!

I voted just lleyton to annoy you:p

Although if it was anyone other than federer I'd vote lleyton.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
well the fact that you admit you like federer more than lleyton is enough......we know you hate lleyton! ADMIT IT! LOL

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
MaryJane said:
I saw this and had to reply.

I cannot articulate how deeply I hate Hewitt. I seriously cant. He's a totally self-absorbed prick. He's rude, unsportsman-like and a sore loser. At least Federer has some class and maturity.
ever met the man? hewitt is a dead set champion off the court... the whole on court act is just that... he psyches out his opponents and gets in their head, tennis is just as bigger mental game as it is physical
why do you think federer had such a crazy strong hold for so long? the same with sampras? they are brain players. they had all their opponents walking onto the court thinking they were more likely to lose than win... thats a HUGE advantage in any tennis game and trust me i should damm well know
hewitt? ok so his conduct is unorthodox, but by god it works, and to be honest i think he doesnt really give a shit about what people think about him. he is there to win, simple. you cant blame him for that

i voted federer because i think he is a pure sportsman. he is a professional in every sense of the word. but that doesnt mean i dont admire lleyton hewitt

^___^
HSC
DrownTheCrow said:
ever met the man? hewitt is a dead set champion off the court... the whole on court act is just that... he psyches out his opponents and gets in their head, tennis is just as bigger mental game as it is physical
why do you think federer had such a crazy strong hold for so long? the same with sampras? they are brain players. they had all their opponents walking onto the court thinking they were more likely to lose than win... thats a HUGE advantage in any tennis game and trust me i should damm well know
hewitt? ok so his conduct is unorthodox, but by god it works, and to be honest i think he doesnt really give a shit about what people think about him. he is there to win, simple. you cant blame him for that

i voted federer because i think he is a pure sportsman. he is a professional in every sense of the word. but that doesnt mean i dont admire lleyton hewitt

next time i go onto the courts, i'll start asking the umpire why the linesmen are the same colour as her/him

that will psyche my opponents out :)

oh and btw, Hewitt's opponents do not get "psyched" out, they get fucken annoyed whenever Hewitt make those "c'mon" shouts

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
... said:
next time i go onto the courts, i'll start asking the umpire why the linesmen are the same colour as her/him

that will psyche my opponents out :)

oh and btw, Hewitt's opponents do not get "psyched" out, they get fucken annoyed whenever Hewitt make those "c'mon" shouts
and does that not distract them? does that not put them off their game?
its a mental psyche out

^___^
HSC
DrownTheCrow said:
and does that not distract them? does that not put them off their game?
its a mental psyche out

haha yeah, it does
just that it makes him looks like a wanker and its the only way to get him the wins..too bad its the only thing he is good at

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
... said:
haha yeah, it does
just that it makes him looks like a wanker and its the only way to get him the wins..too bad its the only thing he is good at

i beg to differ. he is a massively talented athlete as well. but you are right it does make him look stupid
and it overshadows his athletic prowess

HSC
DrownTheCrow said:
Imagine what tennis would be like if all the players had Hewitt's 'unorthodox' conduct :rolleyes:

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
i agree more than i can say. his stupid 'cmon' shout with the hand signal pisses me off so much! my dad gets more angry than i do. sometimes he turns off the tv in anger towards hewitt's stupidity on court. people think he's a good athlete and a very high class sportsman. what's a sportsman without being a sport about it? he bloody hell used to chuch a tantrum/psycho everytime he used to lose. now he can't coz he's used to losing

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Drownthecrow is right about the psychological toughness you need to win in tennis. Hewitt's on court antics probably win him a lot of close contests. It's definitely a deliberate tactic, but not a commendable one. Most players after all prefer to let their tennis do all the talking.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Benny_ said:
Drownthecrow is right about the psychological toughness you need to win in tennis. Hewitt's on court antics probably win him a lot of close contests. It's definitely a deliberate tactic, but not a commendable one. Most players after all prefer to let their tennis do all the talking.
haha yes but most players will never reach the ranking hewitt has held nor the will they win a slam or two like hewitt
i like hewitt because he has a fuck you attitude, he doesnt care, he is there to win, nothing else. being that focused is commendable

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
if he's there to win, then why doesn't he? he does care, not just about what people think of him, but about what people think of the way he plays. do you know how many times he's been charged with racket abuse? he has issues

sarevok

HSC
Hewitt is not that bad. Sure the fist pumps and c'mons are annoying, but he is no worse in that regard than Nadal or that wanker Roddick. Also, I am so sick of people bringing up that James Blake incident. It was a dumb remark but I wouldn't say it conveyed any racist hatred, just stupidity. It was four years ago, Hewitt apologized and Blake accepted his apology - get the fuck over it already.

Federer is the classiest guy on tour and I'm sure if anyone other than him was chosen for this poll Hewitt would have a lot more votes

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
sorry to break if to ya, but i doubt that! you read back on the thread and see the aggravation people feel for hewitt. people hate him so much it exceeds the number of votes going for him. he's needs help....roddick is alrite. he can be a good sport in games. he's no.2 so he should be happy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)