fee paying law (1 Viewer)

dancegal

HSC
on the topic of usyd law transfers, a weird thought just occured to me....
can u transfer to a full fee playing place or only to a hecs one????
ive neva heard anyone talk about this (i guess not many people would want to do this) but it is possible, right??? if i exceeded the fee paying UAI in 2004, does this make it likely i could be accepted into fee paying law?
thanks!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
hmmm... good question. i don't know the answer, but i don't see why not. contact the university directly.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
dancegal said:
on the topic of usyd law transfers, a weird thought just occured to me....
can u transfer to a full fee playing place or only to a hecs one????
ive neva heard anyone talk about this (i guess not many people would want to do this) but it is possible, right??? if i exceeded the fee paying UAI in 2004, does this make it likely i could be accepted into fee paying law?
thanks!
You can elect to transfer into either a full fee paying or a HECS place. They have different UAC codes however, so if you miss out on a HECS place, it seems unlikely that they'll turn around and offer you a full fee place. Take Frigids advice and contact the faculty :).

Dj Fuzion

HSC
I dont think that would be the case Neo...If you apply for a HECS place you still have a good chance of getting into a fee-paying spot (If you have good grades etc etc.)

5 points difference can mean the world (Usual points off for fee-paying spots). Apparently the NRSL cutoff is about 95, if thats the case with a fee paying spot meaning maybe you can get in with a GPA rank of 90....(prolly stupid but kinda makes sense :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Remember, you get one HECS offer and one FEE offer, so naturally, if you apply for both, and miss out on a HECS place, you could still be offered a FEE place

X

xeuyrawp

Minai said:
Remember, you get one HECS offer and one FEE offer, so naturally, if you apply for both, and miss out on a HECS place, you could still be offered a FEE place
That's through UAC. Is there a provision for internal USyd transfer?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
You can't transfer internally for USyd Law

dancegal

HSC
hmmmm
so cleary it would be easier to transfer to fee paying seeing as the UAI is lower to begin with. im asking because i hav no hope of getting a HECS place....i hav a C average and a UAI of 98.95. i know my GPA sucks, but its just so unfair b/c i could hav got in via my UAI last year (b/c FEE law is like 96.15, right??). oh well....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)