Fee Rise (1 Viewer)

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
UC Council just approved fees rise by 20% next year.

Realistically speaking, there is a high chance now ANU will rise - problery wait now till 2006 as they said publically they wont do it (although UC said that)..

porka

Ahh just what we need at ANU, more reasons for people to take action on market day.. But seriously, are people so adverse to the idea of paying for their education? I say fair enough if they want me to pay more for my education, they are certainly entitled to do so..

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Hey,
I think it is inevitable, especially since ANU posted one of the biggest losses of any Aust uni last year - $12million in the red.

Overall though, i agree with you. Higher fees and the govt reforms should make the Australian University system A LOT better (well thats the theory though).

Even though the fee increases dont effect me, if they did raise my fees i wouldn't love it, but i agree with why the unis are doing it...

shereem

i went on an excursion to ANU on May 14th called 'explore arts' where they went over all this stuff on BA and we went to lectures and stuff....... anyway at the end of the day they made an announcement:
THEY ARE NOT GOING TO RAISE THEIR FEES BY THE SAID 25%!
they decided that it was in their and the students best interests no to do it!

i said hell yeah!

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
this was on the condtion that UC didnt rise fees this will likely be changed for entry in 2006.

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cheesegrater
this was on the condtion that UC didnt rise fees this will likely be changed for entry in 2006.
Exactly - In Canberra times on Friday ANU Said something like We will never raise our fees ..... but we may have to in the future" Something along those lines .

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by melbournian
ANU will not rise. The Vice-Chancellor is very against it. Just read some of his public statements, and you will see for as long as he is in the position, no rises will happen.

Ours did the same - went on 7.30 report, wrote in canberra times, the university monitor , the age, daily telegraph , SMH - all these papers he said the university is worried about equality - but it changed pretty quick!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)