Feedback for IPT Booklet (1 Viewer)

bradyjoosse

HSC
Hey All!

I am creating my notes in a booklet style manner and I have now decided to go further than just putting my notes in there, I have put direct copy and pasted sections of the course specs, glossary from the textbook and a few other things for studying. I was wondering if there was any suggestions for what Icould include this is what I already have on top of the notes I take for the subject:
- Course specs for all the relevant diagrams
- Course structure pages from the syllabus document
- Glossary from the IPT Textbook
- Performance Band Descriptions

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
First, I think that this is a unique idea and has good potential. The sections that you currently have are likely to make your studies and preparations more efficient, especially since you would no longer need to access the syllabus document or the NESA website because you would have all of this information directly at your disposal whenever you need it.

You may wish to consider the current contents of your notes in trying to include additional information that can support your studies. For instance, do your notes currently only cover the main concepts of each topic that you have learned and will learn? If that is the case, you have the opportunity to include explanations covering errors that you might have made in previous assessment tasks/exams, and the approach(es) that must be taken so as to avoid making the same mistakes in upcoming tasks and, more importantly, your HSC exam.

You could also extend this by including specific past exam questions (both trial and HSC) that you might have found challenging and include explanations regarding ways to approach such questions. This means that such questions would act as a guide, especially when you start preparing for your HSC exam, at which point it would be reasonable to assume that your booklet would either be complete or near completion.

Once you have your booklet finalised, I would also recommend uploading it to the Notes & Resources section, either this year or after you complete your HSC as this would be quite a valuable resource for the 2023 and/or the 2024 year 12 cohort to have access to.

I hope this helps! :D

bradyjoosse

HSC
First, I think that this is a unique idea and has good potential. The sections that you currently have are likely to make your studies and preparations more efficient, especially since you would no longer need to access the syllabus document or the NESA website because you would have all of this information directly at your disposal whenever you need it.

You may wish to consider the current contents of your notes in trying to include additional information that can support your studies. For instance, do your notes currently only cover the main concepts of each topic that you have learned and will learn? If that is the case, you have the opportunity to include explanations covering errors that you might have made in previous assessment tasks/exams, and the approach(es) that must be taken so as to avoid making the same mistakes in upcoming tasks and, more importantly, your HSC exam.

You could also extend this by including specific past exam questions (both trial and HSC) that you might have found challenging and include explanations regarding ways to approach such questions. This means that such questions would act as a guide, especially when you start preparing for your HSC exam, at which point it would be reasonable to assume that your booklet would either be complete or near completion.

Once you have your booklet finalised, I would also recommend uploading it to the Notes & Resources section, either this year or after you complete your HSC as this would be quite a valuable resource for the 2023 and/or the 2024 year 12 cohort to have access to.

I hope this helps! :D
One thing I wanted to do is something similar to what my school included for english booklets including like sample questions but I'd need to get those there isnt much resources for IPT and SDD that there is for english and math.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
This isnt the case we have only covered the core topics we are only starting the option topics now. it wont be done until about half way through next term.
Yes, I was referring to the period during which you prepare for your HSC exam, which will obviously be later in the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)