Few Questions About EAS (Educational Access Schemes) (1 Viewer)

jonny94

HSC
Ok so I got a few questions about the EAS.

- On the website all I see is a form, do I have to provide proof?

- What happens if they accept me? Do they tell me how many bonus points I'll get or else how?

- Is it just Year 12 issues they address? Because I've got a few in Year 11 aswell.

- If I get 10 bonus points due to a Band 6 performance and 10 from EAS would that equate to 20 or will it just be classed as the maximum 10?

Thanks in advance! :)

uniquee

reps2g is a stalker
HSC
I got a question aswell; Do you have to print the form and send it too them?

and then do they contact you?

Coookies

HSC
I thought 5 was the max with everything.

They tell you if you got accepted or not the same day you get your ATARs

jonny94

HSC
I got a question aswell; Do you have to print the form and send it too them?

and then do they contact you?
Print or email.

I thought 5 was the max with everything.

They tell you if you got accepted or not the same day you get your ATARs
Sorry my bad, it is 5. But isnt they give you unis that would accept you? But then again, how do you know what points you got?

HSC
Uni Grad
You can post it or email it and yes you do need proof (refer to the EAS handbook) such as certificates etc. For example, any illness needs a medical form and other paper work as proof that you actually have that illness.
It's problems that have occurred in Years 11 & 12, so for example just say your cousin died in a car accident when you are in year 11 and you are traumatized still in year 12, then that's counted as death of a family member so you put it in.

Cl324

HSC
N/A
Ok so I got a few questions about the EAS.

- On the website all I see is a form, do I have to provide proof?

- What happens if they accept me? Do they tell me how many bonus points I'll get or else how?

- Is it just Year 12 issues they address? Because I've got a few in Year 11 aswell.

- If I get 10 bonus points due to a Band 6 performance and 10 from EAS would that equate to 20 or will it just be classed as the maximum 10?

Thanks in advance! :)
1. The info is available on the form. It says you need to provide proof, a personal statement and a declaration from a school representative that vouches your HSC was affected (I think)
2. They will send you a letter telling you which universities have accepted your EAS application and nothing else
3. Depends which uni you are after, different unis have different systems of dealing with EAS applicants

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
Hi,

You will need to provide evidence of the disadvantages you suffered along with the EAS application form. At UWS, we do not disclose to successful applicants how many points they will be receiving, however there is a cap on how many bonus points an applicant can receive.

That cap at UWS is 10, and this is inclusive of subject bonus points and regional bonus points.

For more information, please contact the Course Information Line on 1300 897 669 or study@uws.edu.au.

Best regards, UWS Course Info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)