few trick questions in this exam :D not general style :D (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
Man the exam today was pretty easy I probly go about 70-80% or less lol,

but I dont think any one will get over 95% as their were a few trick questions, their was even a questions that I bet every one in all of general got fucked on :D worth 3 marks... Every one will think this question was hard but if you read it is a trick and you have to use a totally different method :D

Any ways I think i fucked up that anuties question :( and that pool shit for some reason :| :(

aim2fire

AIMZ
HSC
yeah i fucked up those questions too.. the annuities table and also the pool question, they were hard.. or i'm just dumb haha. anyone wanna tell me how they did them ? thanks! xo

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
Annuities table was for every dollar, so you had to match the number of years and rate then times the number 4.something by 3600. As for the pool question I'll lookat it later and try to explain because my parents are looking at the question booklet downstairs

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
I'm not 100% sure whether or not I got the pool question right, but this is the way I did it.

First I found out the surface area of the BOTTOM of the pool.

I then found out the surface area of the two rectangles of the SIDES of the pool.

Then I found out the surface area of the OPEN-ENDED cylinder that the two curved sides make together (2 x pi x r x h)

Then I added them all together.

oranGez

King Jeremy the WiCKED++
HSC
dont u find the perimeter of the base of the pool..then times by 1.1?? because if u 'unravelled' the pool, the length would end up being the perimeter......

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
I just realised I worked it out wrong as I forgot that 2.5 was the radius, not the diameter. doh. maybe I'll get 2 or 3 marks for it.

forceblade

HSC
? did u have to find the surface area of the two rectangles of the SIDES of the pool??

oh shit i done my wrong then.

i just did the surface area of the bottom of the pool. then i find the walls of the pool 2NRH. and i got 67m square dunno if i am right or not

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
oranGez said:
dont u find the perimeter of the base of the pool..then times by 1.1?? because if u 'unravelled' the pool, the length would end up being the perimeter......
that's probably a much easier way of doing it :p

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
breaking said:
yo jayphen bro have u got the new MOS mashed cd?
mashed 2?

yeh I do - hit me up on slsk
my nick is 'Jayphen' with a capital J.

:)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
nah i do as well!
i was just asking if you had it cause i remember u mentioning ages ago you had the first one and i was like omg theres actually someone else who owns that cd!

anyway ill add you to slsk and check your stuff out anyway

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
breaking said:
nah i do as well!
i was just asking if you had it cause i remember u mentioning ages ago you had the first one and i was like omg theres actually someone else who owns that cd!

anyway ill add you to slsk and check your stuff out anyway
I only got it yesterday, haven't listened to it all yet.. maybe 3 songs.
So far I prefer mashed 1 though.

Do you have the mashup mix? (also by mos)
It is seks.

odd_one_out

HSC
The pool question stuffed me up too. I should learn to fully read the questions cause I figured out the volume instead of the area. Duh so stupid. Also the annunity and trig questions I didn't do terrrible well on.

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
Did working out the perimetre and multiplying it by 1.1 work? I couldn't be bothered to work it out, but it's a clever method. I found the surface area or the rectangle (minus the top) annd then used the cylinder surface area formula but didn't have two circles, just one. I got 80 anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)