FFVII is the best game ever (1 Viewer)

Strife7777

HSC
N/A
Followed by FFX, then Ocraina of Time.

The story, the music, the atmosphere. Awesome game.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm an FF8er. *holds up flame shield*

Too lazy to go into too much depth- I've posted reasons for it on ppl's blogs and other forums... but in short, Junctioning was fun, Triple Triad rocked, the story & characters were realistic, the FMVs were nice, and the music awesome. None of the other FFs come close.

Btw, have you guys found when going back to play old FF games which you played 5 years ago- they mean so much more? I never realised how deep FF8 was until I played it again this year and understood more of the story.

Revolution

HSC
seremify007 said:
I'm an FF8er. *holds up flame shield*

Too lazy to go into too much depth- I've posted reasons for it on ppl's blogs and other forums... but in short, Junctioning was fun, Triple Triad rocked, the story & characters were realistic, the FMVs were nice, and the music awesome. None of the other FFs come close.
Junctioning made the game way too easy. Spend enough time early in the game drawing and refining magic and you can breeze through the game with virtually no effort (even though the whole system was a chore to actually use). Beat Omega Weapon at level 1, anyone? Triple Triad...meh, it was ok. Probably the best part of the game, even though some of the rules were just stupid.

The story was lame: yeah, the final villain behind everything makes her first appearance about 30 seconds before you fight her, and has about zero backstory. Also the main storyline had lame flashbacks and pointless scenes galore. Realistic? Yep, the next time I see a whole bunch of relatively newly met people turn around after knowing each other awhile and say "Oh hey, remember, we all knew each other when we were kids in an orphanage 10 years ago!" "Oh yeah, we did! How about that! We all remember now you mention it!" then I'll call the story realistic.

As for the characters... the main characters were meant to be 17 and 18 but acted about 30. Yeah, right. And a cry baby for the main character in Squall? Give me a break. Rinoa bugged the hell out of me for about 100% of the game with her annoying incessant complaining and just generally being retarded.

FMVs were alright, yeah, I'll give them that. But I'm entertained by a fancy FMV for about 20 seconds, then I want to get back into the solid gameplay and intersting storyline that a game should offer. Oh, wait, FF8 didn't have those! Too bad. As for the music, well, I can sit here and hum the Highwind, Cosmo Canyon, Turks, and Safer Sephiroth theme, to name a few, from FF7. That's because it actually had memorable music. FF8s music was pretty standard, with the only track I'd give any credit to being "The Man With The Machine Gun".

Yep, FF8 was pretty poor. If I didn't have the discipline to finish every game I buy, I never would've played it more than about 15 minutes. Give me FF7 any day -- the best of the Final Fantasy series.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

I don't like any final fantasy game, it's too long, and very repetitive and slow

aliasfan

HSC
FF8 was good, but FFX and X-2 were games that had the maddest storylines!! The characters were so deep and you actually cared about what happened to them... Final Fantasy 12 comes to PS2 next April hopefully... Ocarina had a mad story as well, but it was ruined by windwaker (damn cartoonish crap), but the new one looks good...

fugazi

HSC
aliasfan said:
FF8 was good, but FFX and X-2 were games that had the maddest storylines!! The characters were so deep and you actually cared about what happened to them... Final Fantasy 12 comes to PS2 next April hopefully... Ocarina had a mad story as well, but it was ruined by windwaker (damn cartoonish crap), but the new one looks good...
Graphics over gameplay? I don't think so.

HSC
aliasfan said:

i loved FFX, had such a deep and immersive storyline, really sucked you into the creative world they made. but back then BEFORE THE HSC i had so much time to play it. and yes it was long, but that was good.

aliasfan

HSC
king_of_boredom said:
i loved FFX, had such a deep and immersive storyline, really sucked you into the creative world they made. but back then BEFORE THE HSC i had so much time to play it. and yes it was long, but that was good.
yeah FFX is not the kind game you wanna be playing now

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Strife7777 said:
Followed by FFX, then Ocraina of Time.

The story, the music, the atmosphere. Awesome game.
True that. Those were the days.

funniboi

HSC
im nearly up to disc 2 in ff7

im just too lazy to walk from wutai back to my tiny bronco then head off to the temple of ancients. lol.

(*ps* this time round i used action replay and got omnislash from the start) :p

fuck i've been putting off playing that game for too long now. might head off and play a bit now while im free.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm a sucker for FMVs =P But didn't they remake the old ones on PSX in the Chronicles with FMVs? I have those CDs somewhere arather.. but never played 'em.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)