Fights Over Uni courses (with the family) (1 Viewer)

HSC
hehe thanx...Yeah i was a bit too angry in my post..hehe even if i don't get it my career won't be that affected i dont think xD....

Still i would like to hear if anyone else is having issues with uni courses and their parents..

btw xclusv2bhung what course did your friend what to do and what is his/her parents making him/her put?

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
haha youre welcome =)

ah , well she wanted to do media communications at unsw , but her parents didnt let her (as it isnt 'asian') , and are forcing her to do commerce. i find that a bit unfair on her behalf - having tried so hard just to do what HER parents want.
so yeah lol.

but i've heard some parents decide FOR their kids whilst saying 'you're too young to know what you wanna do'.

ballyy

HSC
wow. there really are some psycho parents out there. i can't believe they think they have the right to that much control over your uni choices.

i guess my parents were a little disappointed in my choice but they weren't psycho about it. i applied for general arts courses everywhere and every time someone asks me what i'm doing, and i reply "arts", i get repulsed kind of faces. "but you could be doing so much more with your life!" etc etc. stuff them.

morganforrest

HSC
Mmmm.....Agree with pretty much everyone above me...at the end of the day you have to do what you want to do. I know I got pressured into a specific uni and to be honest, Dad does have a point, I probably should be going to ANU considering the areas I'm interested in and what not, but I have such a grounding in Sydney that's worth more than the extra value of the course at ANU. In the end I've been allowed to choose whatever I want, but have point a few of the courses at ANU and UOW down the bottom where there is no chance they'll ever be considered.

Do what you want to do! Don't give your parents ur UAC pin and change them before the main round of offers comes out.

Scorch

HSC
I hope it all works out for you, in that case. My parents just asked me what I wanted to do, and said that as long as I wanted to do it they didn't mind.

The best solution is always an honest one, in the end, so just try and be honest with them, it's your life. If you trick them and they find out, it just makes things more difficult later on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)