Filming ATAR Reaction (1 Viewer)

iStudent

HSC
Congratulations!!! That result is just beast!
Perfect score for english! Does that mean you topped the state/state ranked or something? Wow!

emilios

HSC
considering doing an atar reaction video myself.

what if it's bad though :(

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone who beat the median ATAR Hasn't done 'bad'

as long as you tried your hardest then :)

lightthefuze

HSC
Hey BoredofStudies peeps,

I've come over from a different studies forum (blasphemy) and because I'm Victorian, I got my ATAR yesterday.

I filmed my ATAR reaction, for better or for worse, and since posting it in those forums, loads of people have been like "uh, I wish I filmed mine!"

So, given you all have a handful of hours until you get your scores - consider filming your reaction! If it's disastrous, just never let it see the light of day!

Nonetheless, here is my reaction: ATAR REACTION VIDEO 2014

And BEST of luck for tomorrow!!
omg you're so cute ahahaha

sparked

HSC
Hey! Yeah, don't be nervous about it being bad because 1. It won't be! and 2. You can just keep it to yourself or burn it or, perhaps more mildly, delete it, if you never want anyone to see it.

Yes, our subjects scores are a (maths people get ready) normal standard distribution where English's distribution has a mean of 30 and a standard deviation of 7. There, 68% of students in English will get between 23 and 37 - 95% of students get between 16 and 44. The top 2% of students get 45 or above. The top 0.1 percent of students get 47. Then the '50' score is 0.003 % of students or something like that.

So yeah, the 50 is the goal. Some subjects will scale for difficulty - like Latin, for example. I got 29 (which as an unscaled 'raw score' is slightly below the mean) which when scaled for the strength of the cohort - went up to 45.something - which is supposed to symbolise it is as difficult to get a raw 29 in agin as it is to get a raw 45 in English or a raw 47 in art (which would scale down to 45) etc.

Tl:Dr - Atars are calculated with magic.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm going to do it tomorrow, I'll probably not post it, and I'll do it without seeing my marks first :eek:

Completly in the blind...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)