Final Fantasy (1 Viewer)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I like FFXII the most in the series and Crisis Core on the PSP pretty awesome too!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
on FFX

about to go kill penance
I could never get that far ... I never had the patience to go clearing absolutely everything on the spheregrid, becaue endless power-levelling held no appeal to me. So I never even got anywhere wth Dark Valefor (and thus never got Auron's final Overdrive).

Anyway, replaying VIII to kill a bit of time. The story's a bit all over the place because there's a lot of backstory that is never told directly, but I think once you disseminate, there's some good stuff in there. Ultemicia might be a background character for the most part, but she's a damn sight stronger than Sephiroth, who spent most of the time on the run, pausing only long enough to burn Nibelheim and kill Aeris.

Currently up to the Siege of Dollet ... or I would be, if I could drive the truck into Balamb. My PS2 didn't like it when I tried that.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I could never get that far ... I never had the patience to go clearing absolutely everything on the spheregrid, becaue endless power-levelling held no appeal to me. So I never even got anywhere wth Dark Valefor (and thus never got Auron's final Overdrive).

Anyway, replaying VIII to kill a bit of time. The story's a bit all over the place because there's a lot of backstory that is never told directly, but I think once you disseminate, there's some good stuff in there. Ultemicia might be a background character for the most part, but she's a damn sight stronger than Sephiroth, who spent most of the time on the run, pausing only long enough to burn Nibelheim and kill Aeris.

Currently up to the Siege of Dollet ... or I would be, if I could drive the truck into Balamb. My PS2 didn't like it when I tried that.
haha my party is tidus wakka rikku.

each have 30k hp each, 255 strength agility accuracy evasion defense magic defense. 150 luck.

farming a few megalixirs before taking on penance.

i finished ff8 with 80 hrs on it 100% (all items/treasures etc.) and had max stats too.

omega weapon was loleasy.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
I like FFXII the most in the series and Crisis Core on the PSP pretty awesome too!
lol.. Crisis core on psp was pretty fail. Graphics were good, but battle system was kinda lousy. =/

Currently playing Legend of Legaia though. It was completely overshadowed by the FF series and is worth a play through.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Heh, just finished off the events in Deling City - the Assassination of the Sorceress - and I realised that the dancers during Edea's Parade are actually performing Michael Jackson's Thriller ... it's not the iconic moments that everyone remembers the video for, but it's defiantely that dance; our college did it move-for-move as a part of our musical performance in 2007, so I know Thriller when I see it. Took me a while to realise it though, as it's even creepier when set to Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec (Succession of Witches).

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Heh, just finished off the events in Deling City - the Assassination of the Sorceress - and I realised that the dancers during Edea's Parade are actually performing Michael Jackson's Thriller ... it's not the iconic moments that everyone remembers the video for, but it's defiantely that dance; our college did it move-for-move as a part of our musical performance in 2007, so I know Thriller when I see it. Took me a while to realise it though, as it's even creepier when set to Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec (Succession of Witches).
it's such a good song isn't it.

great even witch theme.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Just killed Penance. Lol. Wasn't as hard as i thought?

greekgun

HSC
FFX for the win.

Ive played FF 4,5,67 X, X-2, tactics and tatcis lions war but ffx shits on all of them. Infact im going to start a new game right now.

DanteEX

HSC
currently attempting to finish ff8 100% with all side quests etc.
I did that a long time ago, The Card Quest is the most tedious Side Quest of the entire game, Good Luck with your Card Collection... You'll literally need it

Let's see...

Final Fantasy 6 is still the best of all the Final Fantasy games I've played.

Final Fantasy 7 is good with great characters but Greatly Overrated

Final Fantasy 8 is also good, a nice story but Squall is such a Horrible Main Character

Final Fantasy 9 was a nice throwback to the Origins of the Series

Final Fantasy 10 was a nice concept, the Prettiest looking one to date for me but also the most Linear of the Series

(I haven't Played FX-2 or 11)

Final Fantasy 12 whilst being HUGE was basically a reworking of Star Wars crossed with Aladdin. That and basically 50% of 12 was Sidequests.

I still have 4 and 5 to play, they're just sitting in my Game case

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I did that a long time ago, The Card Quest is the most tedious Side Quest of the entire game, Good Luck with your Card Collection... You'll literally need it

Let's see...

Final Fantasy 6 is still the best of all the Final Fantasy games I've played.

Final Fantasy 7 is good with great characters but Greatly Overrated

Final Fantasy 8 is also good, a nice story but Squall is such a Horrible Main Character

Final Fantasy 9 was a nice throwback to the Origins of the Series

Final Fantasy 10 was a nice concept, the Prettiest looking one to date for me but also the most Linear of the Series

(I haven't Played FX-2 or 11)

Final Fantasy 12 whilst being HUGE was basically a reworking of Star Wars crossed with Aladdin. That and basically 50% of 12 was Sidequests.

I still have 4 and 5 to play, they're just sitting in my Game case
the card collecting is easy with the diamond left girl :)

DanteEX

HSC
the card collecting is easy with the diamond left girl :)
I'm taking about the Queen of Cards Sidequest where you have to lose certain cards to her so she can have other ones made. Like you have to lose a certain rare card to her for another rare card to be made and released into the World.

You LITERALLY need to follow a Online FAQ word by word to get these Rare cards because you can't complete the Card collection without the Queen of Cards. I highly doubt a person alive could finish the card collection without outside help.

x_rogerr

HSC
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, Dissidia: Final Fantasy on PSP ^^
and cant wait till Final Fantasy XIII Agito comes out
oh and i reckon FF7 and FFX are the best so far
and dayum rikku is hot and tifa not far behind (;

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I'm taking about the Queen of Cards Sidequest where you have to lose certain cards to her so she can have other ones made. Like you have to lose a certain rare card to her for another rare card to be made and released into the World.

You LITERALLY need to follow a Online FAQ word by word to get these Rare cards because you can't complete the Card collection without the Queen of Cards. I highly doubt a person alive could finish the card collection without outside help.
Yeah, I can finish all FF's without guides but I don't think anyone would be able to finish it 100%(sidequests etc. etc.) without guides or walkthroughs.

FF9 is the only one tat's impossible to finish 100%

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I can finish all FF's without guides but I don't think anyone would be able to finish it 100%(sidequests etc. etc.) without guides or walkthroughs.

FF9 is the only one tat's impossible to finish 100%
Nah I finished it 100%
Took me a hell of a long time though. Unless you count getting all the Ultimate weapons as part of the 100%. 'Cause how the f*ck are you meant to get Vivi's staff in time?

Wait wtf how the hell did you beat Penance? I couldn't even beat Dark Valefore without using Yojimbo's 1 hit KO, and I used that triple AP, overdrive -> AP to boost all my stats etc.. Lame.

@ OP: My favourite would be FFX. Yes yes FFVII has the best gameplay whatever whatever. FFX had the greatest storyline and emotion and stuff. I can't even bring myself to finish FFVII.. Overrated imo.

Finished FFVIII though, that was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy, hero and invincible moon = win. Liked it though.

I also couldn't bring myself to finish FFXII, partly because I started Year 12 before I finished it, but I didn't like the gameplay much. ADB fails.

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Nah I finished it 100%
Took me a hell of a long time though. Unless you count getting all the Ultimate weapons as part of the 100%. 'Cause how the f*ck are you meant to get Vivi's staff in time?
That's not 100% if you don't have all the ultimate weapons, I thought that'd be a given.

And no, it isn't Vivi's staff (I forgot how to get that, it was years ago) but more so Steiner's Excalibur II which made you have to work your way to Memoria by 12 hrs. I did it once and was off by 10 minutes.
Wait wtf how the hell did you beat Penance? I couldn't even beat Dark Valefore without using Yojimbo's 1 hit KO, and I used that triple AP, overdrive -> AP to boost all my stats etc.. Lame.
Stats for Tidus Rikku and Wakka are as follows -
Strength 255
Defense 255
Magic Defense 255
Magic 140 (I didn't even use magic during the fight)
Luck 150
Agility 220
Accuracy 255
Evasion 255

All powered up celestial weapons etc.
Armour had auto phoenix, auto haste, ribbon and break HP limit.

Finished FFVIII though, that was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy, hero and invincible moon = win. Liked it though.
Have you killed Omega Weapon?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
And no, it isn't Vivi's staff (I forgot how to get that, it was years ago) but more so Steiner's Excalibur II which made you have to work your way to Memoria by 12 hrs. I did it once and was off by 10 minutes.
Huh? I thought it was Vivi's staff by getting to Memoria in 24 hours.
Have you killed Omega Weapon?
Was a long time ago.
Zell, Irvine and Rinoa. Had to rely heavily on chance to get Invincible Moon though (while spamming Aura on Zell & Irvine + Hero on Rinoa on 1 hp)
Oh and that Meltdown GF.

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Huh? I thought it was Vivi's staff by getting to Memoria in 24 hours.
I don't remember the requirements, but Excalibur II is definitely under 12 hrs to Memoria.
Was a long time ago.
Zell, Irvine and Rinoa. Had to rely heavily on chance to get Invincible Moon though (while spamming Aura on Zell & Irvine + Hero on Rinoa on 1 hp)
Oh and that Meltdown GF.
Lol I only used Aura. Omega has a pattern in its attacks

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I don't remember the requirements, but Excalibur II is definitely under 12 hrs to Memoria.

Lol I only used Aura. Omega has a pattern in its attacks
My bad.

Wait 'til I finish my HSC. I'll finish all the PS and above Final Fantasies 100% and all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)