• Final Fantasy 10/10-2

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Other - Specify

Votes: 13 13.3%

• Total voters

equiski

HSC
Argonaut said:
The best thign about the series is that each game takes place on a new world with new characters, storyline and battle system, so you're not doing the same thigns with the same people.
Yeah, you're doing the same things with different people (who look and act the same anyway).

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
Not really - I'm talking about plot-wise, not gameplay-wise: in FF8 you hijack a train, perform a jailbreak, stop long-range missiles, go into space and destory a multi-million dollar space station. Whereas in FF9 you perform an illegal border crossing, sneak through dungeons, watch entire cities get razed and go to another world.

I must buy these games!!!!!!

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
ohe my god, 35% only vote for ff7. its simply the best, maybe its got something to do with the fact that its my first rpg game, but the story in this game is just amazing!!!!!!!!!! i have played the following ff games but i feel like i dont give a shit what happens to the main charcters in ff8 9 or 10.i dont know if square is ever gona be able to produce something as cinematic as ff7 again, i would love to see a translation of that title on ps2 or something.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Steven12 said:
ohe my god, 35% only vote for ff7. its simply the best, maybe its got something to do with the fact that its my first rpg game, but the story in this game is just amazing!!!!!!!!!! i have played the following ff games but i feel like i dont give a shit what happens to the main charcters in ff8 9 or 10.i dont know if square is ever gona be able to produce something as cinematic as ff7 again, i would love to see a translation of that title on ps2 or something.
Since it was probably the most loved FF, they are making a movie about it. They also have other plans too.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
ok FF Luvers...I'm about to post a few words that might prompt you to stone me to death...but ahve patience and an open mind......

I have never played FF, never seen it being played, what platform is it on?....what's it all about?....don't tell me to go search in google...cuz if I wanted to do dat...I didnt have to post anything in here....:eek:

Bone577

HSC
N/A
LoneShadow said:
ok FF Luvers...I'm about to post a few words that might prompt you to stone me to death...but ahve patience and an open mind......

I have never played FF, never seen it being played, what platform is it on?....what's it all about?....don't tell me to go search in google...cuz if I wanted to do dat...I didnt have to post anything in here....:eek:

The old ones were on NES and SNES. FF6 was very good, on the SNES.
7, 8, Tactics and 9 were on PS1 though 7 and 9 were also released on PC.
10, 10-2, 11 and 12 are on PS2 and 11 is also on PC.

They are almost all turn based RPG's. 11 is a MMORPG.

Each is in a different universe with different characters and usually different magic systems. They are usually a bit trippy and quite long. Bar Tactics they are mostly reliant on storyline for enjoyment. They all have fantastic music that invokes massive nostalgia.

Go play FF7 NOW! Or if the old graphics piss you off you could settle for 10.

*runs off an listens to "To Zanarkand" and "One Winged Angel" on his FF soundtracks*

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
Bone577 said:

Each is in a different universe with different characters and usually different magic systems. They are usually a bit trippy and quite long. Bar Tactics they are mostly reliant on storyline for enjoyment. They all have fantastic music that invokes massive nostalgia.

Go play FF7 NOW! Or if the old graphics piss you off you could settle for 10.

*runs off an listens to "To Zanarkand" and "One Winged Angel" on his FF soundtracks*

kool....I dont have any game consoles...so...I'll just dl PC compatible versions..:eek:

Bone577

HSC
N/A
LoneShadow said:
kool....I dont have any game consoles...so...I'll just dl PC compatible versions..:eek:

Final Fantasy 7 downloaded usually doesn't have the music and FMV's, hence it gets butchered. The complete game is 4 CD's on PC, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

equiski

HSC
Bone577 said:

FF 1 - 2 have been released together on gameboy, while FF 1 - 6 (except for 3) have been re-released for PSX. There is also Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for gameboy advance, which is related to the original Final Fantasy Tactics. Plus, there is the black sheep of the family, Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest.

I have to admit, I own most of the games.

Final Fantasy Origins (FF1 & 2) PSX
Final Fantasy Anthology (FF 4 & 5) PSX
Final Fantasy 7 PSX
Final Fantasy 8 PSX
Final Fantasy 9 PSX
Final Fantasy 10 PS2
Final Fantasy 10-2 PS2
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced

The rest I have played, except for FF12 of course. The sad thing is, I'm hardly obsessed with FF; i just happen to collect the games. I have played 5 hours into FF10-2 and I haven't built up enough nerve to return to it.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
equiski said:
FF 1 - 2 have been released together on gameboy, while FF 1 - 6 (except for 3) have been re-released for PSX. There is also Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for gameboy advance, which is related to the original Final Fantasy Tactics. Plus, there is the black sheep of the family, Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest.

I have to admit, I own most of the games.

Final Fantasy Origins (FF1 & 2) PSX
Final Fantasy Anthology (FF 4 & 5) PSX
Final Fantasy 7 PSX
Final Fantasy 8 PSX
Final Fantasy 9 PSX
Final Fantasy 10 PS2
Final Fantasy 10-2 PS2
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced

The rest I have played, except for FF12 of course. The sad thing is, I'm hardly obsessed with FF; i just happen to collect the games. I have played 5 hours into FF10-2 and I haven't built up enough nerve to return to it.

I dare someone to compile a list of every FF and it's consoles. It gets quite bad what with US versions of FF being numbered different a while ago. I do believe Jap 4, 5 and 6 are US 1, 2 and 3.

But there are hardly any better games to collect than FF. FFVII non platinum in mint condition fetches $90+.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
Nice list (reppage your way soon), but you're forgetting Crystal Chronicles, the only Nintendo FF (that I know of).

Nintendo exclusively had all FF's before 7. They also have 1-6 on Gameboy advance now I do believe.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Bone577 said:
But there are hardly any better games to collect than FF. FFVII non platinum in mint condition fetches $90+.

gah, hell. i was looking for FFVII everywhere. is it that hard to find now? i thought it would have been cheap...weh

equiski

HSC
Argonaut said:
Nice list (reppage your way soon), but you're forgetting Crystal Chronicles, the only Nintendo FF (that I know of).
Oh, thanks. Clean forgot about that one.

If I want to be really pedantic I could mention the early Squaresoft games that were given the Final Fantasy badge for their US localisation for a sales boost. I only own the GBA remake of Final Fanstasy Adventure though.

Final Fantasy Adventure GB (Seiken Densetsu) GBA (Sword of Mana)
Final Fantasy Legends 1-3 (SaGa 1-3)

I am so sad. I can remember all this useless information but i can't even remember what i did yesterday. :(

J

jhakka

Ozma is annoying. There are too many variables. I beat him, and my strategy and party was relatively undeveloped.

I think I used:
-Zidane
-Quinna (or Steiner)
-Freya
-Eiko

funniboi

HSC
ozma i can't beat..
so i just gave up tryin to beat him..
i played ff9 the other day for the first time in like ages.

lol i got up to the bit where i found the legendary syth and got myself learnin the arc..
then saved it and went out .

will try to beat ozma when i master arc :D

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
Of all the super bosses in FFs from FFV to FFX, Ozma and Emerald Weapon are the ones that I can't beat 100%, meaning that even the best strategies I use for them don't guarantee victory.

- My best bet for Ozma is Quina, with her super useful 'Angel's Snack' blue magic, curing all you status ailments to counter against Ozma's Curse.

- Then Eiko, because of her magic status and Curaga (and that chance that Pheonix will revive your party if you're screwed).

- And then Steiner for Shock (guaranteed 9999 damage if your level is high enough). If Steiner (or Zidane) gets berserked, don't panic. They'll still do damage, and Quina's Angel's Snack will take care of the rest.

- Then Zidane, because you can't remove him :\

* Every single turn for Eiko, always use Curaga, no matter what, but do time yourself - cure the party AFTER Ozma unleashed any of his attacks, no point curing them when they're in full health.
Quina: either angel's snack or magic hammer, depleting heaps of MP from Ozma. Use Steiner's shock all the time. To better you chances, have Eiko auto-hasted somehow (I forgot what to use, but it's there if you synthesize stuff I think) so that you can cure more often. Zidane just attacks normally (remember to finish the friendly monsters quest). If Steiner (or Zidane) gets berserked, don't panic. They'll still do damage, and Quina's Angel's Snack will take care of the rest.

Hopefully, Ozma's Meteor isn't devastating throughout the battle... If things get really really bad, use elixirs wisely - only to those who may die after Ozma's next attack. Towards the end, he'll use cure big time everytime you hit it. If Zidane can't deal 9999 damage, then just leave the damaging to Steiner - it won't be long before Ozma falls.

Oh yeah, try to equip most of your characters with something that absorbs darkness (Pumice Piece, I think?) to benefit from his Doomsday attack.

Last edited:

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
Back to the topic, it's quite strange actually. I don't know what my favourite FF is.

See, after finishing FFVIII, I thought to myself, wow, this is the best game ever. Then, I played FFVII. Unsurprisingly to many of you, I was blown away completely. Then I played FFV and FFVI. FFV was so fun with the job system and all, and FFVI was one of the most memorable games I've ever played. I thought, wow, this is the best game ever! Then I played FFIX. The first time through, it was okay. So, I moved on to FFX. Guess what I thought! Best FF ever! A few months ago, I played FFIX again, and guess what! Best FF ever! XD Then I played FFVII again, and... need I say more?

I don't know, they're all really great and memorable. And I love them again everytime I replayed them. So, I can't vote... :p

Btw, yeah, to the guy who's saying Xenogears is awesome, I agree completely. It's got the best story in a game, and, although the battle system is a bit stale, the story will keep you going for sure. (PS. you should know who my avatar is then ;) )

banana_monkey

Better than you
HSC
His Big Redness said:
I'd have to say FF VI and VII shit all over the other FFs. Also Sephiroth kicks so much ass as the boss of VII.
Yeah, between all the implied homo-erotism between him and Cloud, I guess he's ok.
But yes, FF 7 was probably the coolest. 8 was ok, but it seemed like all the cool stuff happened before the game starts, and you just get to mop up the shit. I thought the love story was stupid as well. That card game kicked ass though. They should have released the card game as it's own game. That would have been awesome. The card game in 9 was pretty crappy though.

Aren't you people forgetting Skies of Arcadia? Now there's a mans game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)