Final Subjects??? (1 Viewer)

JohnnyG

HSC
I am unsure of what my final subject make-up should be.

Basically, I am doing 13 units but I don't know whether I want to do this many and if it would be a good idea to do so anyway

The units I am not sure about are Ext 2 maths, SOR1, and Italian continuers. I am leaning towards dropping Italian but I'm worried that if I drop Italian I will stuff up some exam later on in the year (particularly Maths) and then I will regret not having a back up. But then I also think that 13 units might be too much if I'm doing 4 unit maths. I am decent at maths and I know that it is such an ATAR booster but I just don't want to stuff it up or end up wanting to drop 4 unit and end up on 10 units.

Any advice?

watermelondayo

HSC
N/A
If you keep Italian you will have another subject to carry and constantly maintain for the entire remainder of the year, and even if you eventually decide it won't count to your HSC and don't take it seriously you will still be having classes on it, therefore reducing the amount of time you are able to spend on other subjects which actually contribute towards your final mark. If you do manage to mess up something you still have SOR1 as the extra unit. Also, just because you haven't scored quite so satisfactory marks in one exam does not mean you are no longer able to achieve a good final mark. If I were in your position I would probably drop Italian so I could focus more on the other subjects perform well in them.

Good luck for your HSC!

klee98

HSC
I am unsure of what my final subject make-up should be.

Basically, I am doing 13 units but I don't know whether I want to do this many and if it would be a good idea to do so anyway

The units I am not sure about are Ext 2 maths, SOR1, and Italian continuers. I am leaning towards dropping Italian but I'm worried that if I drop Italian I will stuff up some exam later on in the year (particularly Maths) and then I will regret not having a back up. But then I also think that 13 units might be too much if I'm doing 4 unit maths. I am decent at maths and I know that it is such an ATAR booster but I just don't want to stuff it up or end up wanting to drop 4 unit and end up on 10 units.

Any advice?
Do you still like the subject? Once you start asking a question like this, its either you've lost interest in them or you've started to neglect them.

If its lost interest, drop it immediately. At this point you've got to prioritise, and remove distractions.
If you find that you have neglected the subject from time to time, either you can't fit that subject in because you have too much on your plate, take a look at the subjects and see which one you need the most. Then drop those you don't.

Don't look for a safety net, when you're too afraid to even jump. Stuff ups are bound to happen.

JohnnyG

HSC
So you don't think 11 units will be too little to be on when doing 4 unit maths? Although I guess it's pretty hard to get that bad of a final mark for 4 unit since it scales well, as long as you're decent at it. I'm just worried that I'll end up dropping it but I think if I can find enough time to cope with it then it's definitely worth doing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)