Finance/IR and HRM/Marketing - which one(s)? (1 Viewer)

RedStz

True Scorpian
Thinking of a major in
Finance or
Industrial Relations and Human Resource Mananage or
Marketing

well i know that it depends on personal interests/bling bling motivated and etc etc, but i just want to hear everyone's opinion on the majors, career opportunities and so on
so yeah do take turns at blab :p

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
hmm.. those options don't really fall together.

i'd suggest economics to go with finance..
IRHRM and work and organisational studies...
marketing with ???.. psych maybe??

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
hi jlh..could we do psychology if we are doing B.commerce or do we need to do B.commerce/B.science to be able to do Psychology??

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
no you can do psychology as one of your electives in the b. commerce... and no you don' thave to be enrolled in the b.sci just to do it...... you should also be able to major in it, i'm not sure on the commerce degree rules...

but i have a friend in commerce who done psych...

RedStz

True Scorpian
Originally posted by jlh
hmm.. those options don't really fall together.

i'd suggest economics to go with finance..
IRHRM and work and organisational studies...
marketing with ???.. psych maybe??

????? I dont get your reply .:confused: I guess I didnt made myself clear, I am saying that I am thinking about doing major in ONE of those listed, and I want people's opinion on what their think of EACH INDIV major in terms of career opp and etc

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
oh, i thought you were thinking of double majoring in two of them.. sorry my bad!!

i havent done any of those courses so i can't help you.. sorry!!

Littlelease

I think that IRHR and marketing are highly competitive labour markets and fiance would be the practical major..... in saying that if you're really passionate about IRHR or marketing go for it :)

I really want to major in IRHR .... I think it would be interesting and a enjoyable occupation

santaslayer

HSC
Finance would go heaps good with ur LLB degree...they relate in so many aspects

RedStz

True Scorpian
Originally posted by perfectionist
yeah i reckon IRHR prolly would be interesting...but anyways...still time to change electives.
well I got about ONE WHOLE YEAR to decide :)

Santaslayer: Thanks for the opinion, major in finance is my idea for the moment

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
I'm going to major in Marketing. The canditure is relatively small compared to Accounting and Finance, but the subject itself is a very intensive and wide ranging. The lecturers are quite a young bunch but the experience they have and knowledge of the dynamics of marketing is much to be desired. Theres also the marketing society called 'Select', which offers great networking and is run by a great group of people.

I guess the only downside is the lack of scholarships and prizes, theres only one and that's for honours students. But overall i think its going to be a couple of interesting years ahead of me!

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
If you mean creativity as in being able to design advertisements etc. . . No you don't need to be creative! Marketing isn't really about creativity rather implenting marketing plans and objectives, knowing customer need and ways to fulfill those needs, and avenues towards reaching you target. Its really about bridging the gap between business and consumers. It requires a broad range of skills however i think creativity is ranked lower to say analyctical, communicative and research skills!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)