FINC2012: Corporate Finance (1 Viewer)

kow_dude

HSC
FINC2011: Corporate Finance

Greetings,

Is anyone doing this subject for this semester?

Last edited:

kow_dude

HSC
shit.... i meant FINC2011

Have you been using the Perdisco e-workbook? If so, have you tried "Annuities due" questions?

kow_dude

HSC
In the Perdisco e-workbook, their approach to "annuities due" questions differ to the one shown in our textbook. The two approaches produce different answers to each other.

Rorix

HSC
kow_dude said:
In the Perdisco e-workbook, their approach to "annuities due" questions differ to the one shown in our textbook.
Yes and no, the perdisco involves working out the present value with an ordinary annuity and forward dating it, however, they are the same thing and both formulas will simplify to each other.

The two approaches produce different answers to each other.
Really, there's no other way I can put it but to say that you are 100% wrong.

The equation given on page 47 of the finance textbook, equation (2.12), can be manipulated to give the Perdisco equation. I just did it right then, to make sure.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing the equivalent subject at UNSW - Just a question, is that perdisco e-workbook thing any good? I mean, $30 odd bucks - what do you get? extra q's?

kow_dude

HSC
Oh nevermind. Yes they are the same.

Minai said:
I'm doing the equivalent subject at UNSW - Just a question, is that perdisco e-workbook thing any good? I mean, $30 odd bucks - what do you get? extra q's?
I personally find the e-workbook worthy because the questions and feedback are helpful. But i think the questions may not be challenging for the more intelligent students and therefore not worth purchasing.

kow_dude

HSC
This subject has made me conclude not to major in Finance. I have fallen asleep too many times during lectures and studying.

monkey187

God
HSC
Hi all

Has anyone started the assignment yet?? Ive missed the last few lectures and have no idea what is goin on.

Anyone know what needs to be done for this?

Also I heard something about the formatting that needs to be done.. anyone know what type of layout is required for this assignment

I am so lost :(

any help would b appreciated

Thx

kow_dude

HSC
Failed it without doubt. I made the dumbest decision by staying up all night which totally backfired. I came into the exam with complete exhaustion and was unable to recall the simplest formulas and methods to get me started doing any questions. After the first half hour, i was so tired that i started seeing double vision and my brain was shutting down. Sigh...

jpr333

HSC
Hope that doesnt happen to me in tax law which is in 12 hourszzz. I doubt you actually failed it kow, you overachiever you.

kow_dude

HSC
Marks are released today.

Got an F which was expected. Never to procrastinate ever again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)