Finding Nemo techniques (1 Viewer)

rsingh

HSC
Hey,

Could you guys help me analyse Finding Nemo.

I know that Marlin (Nemo's dad) embarks on a journey, and this is because Nemo has been captured by humans and taken to Sydney.

What are the challenges he faces, and what are the results of the journey?

Thanks.

Also, I need to identify some techniques in Finding Nemo, and their effect?
How they show physical journeys and stuff ..? Any ideas?
I have anthopomorphism, which enables the responder to associate similar feelings with the characters.

Anyone got any more?

Thanks.

cyko

HSC
sounds like to me u haven't even bothered watching the film and attempted analysing it yourself ...

techniques are quite simple ..
camera angles
music
characterisation
caricature
etc.

u should look at specific scenes, 1 or 2 perhaps and fully analyse them ..

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
1) be chased by sharks
2) find a big dumb fish with the voice of a lesbian
3) find nemo

Aeolior

HSC
Hmm, If you downloaded my summary from that other topic of Finding Nemo. It should provide you with a good starting point..

However, this is advice from a hsc english marker, and I kinda agree. "Finding Nemo fails to achieve the aspects of a physical journey, and its lack of sophistication and presentation of the text makes Finding Nemo a rather undesirable text for being a HSC related text. "

jackal8

HSC
does anyoen know of any particular good scenes from finding nemo for physical journey. i think doing a whoel movie may be a bit too broad, and thought a thorough analysis of one scene would suffice.

any thoughts?

thanks

tommy_1

Honestly i do not think you should do "finding Nemo" as your supplementar Text for jounrneys - not if you plan to do well. Its better to do something challenging. In my class, no one did those cartoons e.g finding nemo and shrek. The whole purpose of doing english and goindwell is to challenge yourself and put yourself amongst the best. Let me tell you, there are advanced kids who use classic literature for their journey-Such as Don Quixote, and finding nemo, simply does not compare to it. In the HSC exam, do you really think a marker is inclined to give top marks to someone who writes about nemos adventure and how he made it through the "deep blue sea". Yeah i don't think so. Take a look at some band 6 sample papers from 04 and see what your up against in order to gain top marks and top bands.

tommy_1

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAh

thought id pass on you great advice - hey its an appropriation

berra

HSC
velox said:
Movie techniques are really easy. Do it urself.
i hope u read this... wats ur problem. jst coz uv finished d HSC dusn mean u hav ne ryt 2 put ppl down. d guy needs help, and he requested sum1 help him, plus helping one another is this sites purpose... ppl help each other... even if its for simple things. besides, if ur 2 greedy 2 help others, dnt benefit from this site and get d hell lost.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hm, once again I follow tommy and Aeolior's advice, do not use Finding Nemo as a supplementary text, it's an overused text and one that is not suitable for a Year 12 student to analyse, unless if there's supposedly more to it than just the physical journey of Nemo's father evading sharks, and wandering the ocean.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Hmm good observation pLuvia. Didn't know till you told me. ;D

Yolo2000

HSC
i hope u read this... wats ur problem. jst coz uv finished d HSC dusn mean u hav ne ryt 2 put ppl down. d guy needs help, and he requested sum1 help him, plus helping one another is this sites purpose... ppl help each other... even if its for simple things. besides, if ur 2 greedy 2 help others, dnt benefit from this site and get d hell lost.
Learn to spell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)