FINS1613 vs MGMT1001 (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
But wouldn't having MGMT in there with ACTL kinda ease the difficulty i.e. wouldn't having 3 ACTL subs with MGMT be better than 4 straight ACTL subs?
MGMT I heard is quite tedious and time-consuming if u want the marks. and if u don't give enough time, it is a wam killer. so one friend advised to get it done with the going isn't too tough, i.e. first sem first year :)

idk tho we'll see :D

mirachael

HSC
I have a similar problem with enrolment in my course (Bachelor/ masters of electrical engineering @unsw). One of the first year courses, ELEC2141, has its one lecture full. In addition, it appears to only be offered in the first semester.
I emailed the school about this (sent it just now so I'm still waiting for a reply) but what I think they'll do in cases like this is increase the number of spots as others have said. If you're concerned about this as well you could also try emailing the faculty.

omni16

HSC
MGMT I heard is quite tedious and time-consuming if u want the marks. and if u don't give enough time, it is a wam killer. so one friend advised to get it done with the going isn't too tough, i.e. first sem first year :)

idk tho we'll see :D
Can't fight that logic but I really don't wanna do it LOL.

omni16

HSC
Also, is there any possibility vacancies will open up for lectures?

Verify

HSC
I still don't understand how I can set up my timetable for a single comm degree... How many compulsorys and electives are recommended for the first semester?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
There are little spots left in FINS1613 because many students who have been at uni for a year or more would rather do it semester one. Generally, many Engineering/Commerce students would do it in their second year first semester and I'm also stuck with it as a gen ed for first semester this year.

omni16

HSC
There are little spots left in FINS1613 because many students who have been at uni for a year or more would rather do it semester one. Generally, many Engineering/Commerce students would do it in their second year first semester and I'm also stuck with it as a gen ed for first semester this year.
What about first years who want to major in finance lol? I just find this weird..

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
I personally think its better to get rid of MGMT1001 ASAP
Otherwise u lose HUGE MARKS in subjects that require academic writing
MGMT1001 is the course that shows u how to do academic writing and research properly
So get it done ASAP

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
What about first years who want to major in finance lol? I just find this weird..
It is possible and I am hoping so, that room is made for first year students. However it is a lot more flexible for first years and hence, something that happens for every enrolment phase, the higher year students are given higher priority.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
People have said this before, but i'll say it again to stress it lol. FINS1613 with Rob Tumarkin in sem 1 is much easier (50% of people for D or HD) compared to sem 2 with DK Shim (where it was actually considered by many as one of their "hard" courses - the trend from about 4-5 friends i've asked, none of them are dumb or anything). As VBN said, many ACTL kids do 1613 in their first year (i did), but i know many who did it in 2nd year and didn't miss out too much in 1st year actl because of it. I would do it in sem 1 yr 1, and if not then sem 1 yr 2.

ALSO, people leave MGMT1001 till the end of their degree as many find it a wam killer (that's what i'm doing, though i've got other reasons too).

These are just some more opinions haha. Hope it helped :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)