FinSoc (1 Viewer)

ND

HSC
Hey guys, just wondering whether anyone has the contact details for anyone on FinSoc? I checked out the website but apparently noone checks the email that the "contact us" form sends to.

Any info would be much appreciated.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
ND said:
Hey guys, just wondering whether anyone has the contact details for anyone on FinSoc? I checked out the website but apparently noone checks the email that the "contact us" form sends to.

Any info would be much appreciated.
Executives will be different for this yr so they might check the Club's email after the AGM.

Also, www.ima-unsw.edu.au

Why are you so interested? Finsoc is basically a small society originally created by Finance Honours students to boost their CVs when looking for jobs.

Capitalist

HSC
Finsoc is basically a small society originally created by Finance Honours students to boost their CVs when looking for jobs.
lol I didn't know that.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
It's a constituent society - you are automatically a member if you are doing a Finance major.

Raginsheep

HSC
Well, that rules me out. Is there any elitiest organisation I can join? What are UNSW's student organisations like? Apolitical or like the politically correct, radical left of Usyd?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
seremify007 said:
Anyone able to point me a list of links to these societies at UNSW?

EDIT: Found ComSoc! http://www.unswcomsoc.com/
http://www.studentguild.unsw.edu.au/casoc/clubs/clubsA.htm

People don't really care about any of the clubs and societies, but you can always change things by joining and fixing things up :)

The only club which I think is worth joining is Jclub (Jap Club) which actually do fun things (mainly eating and drinking). Only reason why it is actually fun to join is because it is run by unsw staff, Brad Hall who is very entertaining and fun to be around with.
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~jclub/index.htm

ND

HSC
§eraphim said:
Executives will be different for this yr so they might check the Club's email after the AGM.

Also, www.ima-unsw.edu.au

Why are you so interested? Finsoc is basically a small society originally created by Finance Honours students to boost their CVs when looking for jobs.
Ah ok thanks. I'm looking to organise a comp with some of the other unis.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
redslert said:
http://www.studentguild.unsw.edu.au/casoc/clubs/clubsA.htm

People don't really care about any of the clubs and societies, but you can always change things by joining and fixing things up :)

The only club which I think is worth joining is Jclub (Jap Club) which actually do fun things (mainly eating and drinking). Only reason why it is actually fun to join is because it is run by unsw staff, Brad Hall who is very entertaining and fun to be around with.
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~jclub/index.htm
Thanks for that =]

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
redslert said:
The only club which I think is wort...l]http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~jclub/index.htm
Thanks for raising that redslert...I might join this club.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
ND said:
Ah ok thanks. I'm looking to organise a comp with some of the other unis.
That's a good idea. Maybe you should contact UNSW Comsoc first as FinSoc falls under Comsoc.

mashi

Elite
HSC
Seraphim who are you and do u go to UNSW?

Yeah, finsoc was just a society created to boost a few grads CVs. My tutor was one of the founders and he told me that. lol

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
mashi said:
Seraphim who are you and do u go to UNSW?

Yeah, finsoc was just a society created to boost a few grads CVs. My tutor was one of the founders and he told me that. lol
Errr...I'm a 3rd yr finance/maths student (formerly actuarial/finance) and I go to UNSW (see sig below).

Why do you ask?

mashi

Elite
HSC
haha because you must be pretty bored at CSFB to be emailing on BOS.
I'm at UNSW too, but 2nd year, majoring in finance. Working at an investment bank atm also. Id probably be doing the same subjects as you this semester, since with double degree u lag a little bit.. what subjects are u doing?

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
mashi said:
haha because you must be pretty bored at CSFB to be emailing on BOS.
I'm at UNSW too, but 2nd year, majoring in finance. Working at an investment bank atm also. Id probably be doing the same subjects as you this semester, since with double degree u lag a little bit.. what subjects are u doing?
Yeah, it's coz of Chinese NY.

s1 - fins2624, fins3616

s2 - fins3636, fins3641.

Which tutes are u in?

mashi

Elite
HSC
what does CNY have to do with CSFB if its in Sydney?

Yeh im doing FINS2624, FINS3616 and FINS3625 (ACF) + management accounting sem1

Sem2 I havn't decided yet, as Im going on exchange. But if i was here.. securities valuation and prob options+futures+risk

my tus arn't confirmed yet ive got a retarded timetable and im trying to switch them around whenever theres free spots. atm.. 2624 tues 4-5 (cghanged from 12-1) 3616 @ tues 1-2

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Lower trading volumes in the swaps market for Asia Pac.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)