fire alarm!? (1 Viewer)

*rinney*

HSC
what was with the fire alarms going off today round 11:30? i was in the middle of a really good philosophy lecture and the bells start a'ringing...so pee oh'd cuz now i have to catch up on it all :(

and one of the security dudes said it wasn't just a drill?

was there a fire? :confused: or just some fugstick lighting up a ciggie near the smoke detectors?

ReaveR

HSC
Doesn't sound like its real, since they had one yesterday and the day before too apparently. Didn't seem like a drill either, so yeah..

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Might've been a drill: they do them all the time. Sometimes people care about them, sometimes they don't. They've gotta do it (but how often, I'm not sure) by law. Necessary and annoying evil, unfortunately. Seems they tend to avoid doing it to the big theatres at times that they're influential on many students (ie Macq theatre when it's full)...

Only time I've been affected is when it was a real false alarm... as in, it wasn't a drill, there were fire engines and firemen everywhere, but no fire. Very dramatic. Got my girlfreind out of a stat test, too :D

ReaveR

HSC
Hrm, last time there was a drill I was told beforehand .. kinda defeats the purpose of a drill but at least I knew it was happening. Don't remember who told me though.

Edit: There was a firetruck sitting outside MQ Centre yesterday though, how interesting =p

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
saw a firetruck outside my tute today.. lol

man first it was in the lib.. had to leave and give up study time.. then the next day i was in price.. bloody hell same thing happened... then today i hear it from the outside.. cant concentrate

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Skittled said:
Only time I've been affected is when it was a real false alarm... as in, it wasn't a drill, there were fire engines and firemen everywhere, but no fire. Very dramatic. Got my girlfreind out of a stat test, too :D
Yeah, that was cool... never found out what happened though! The tutor refused to let us out of the room because we were in the middle of a test, until a fireman came in and asked "What are you all still doing here?", she replies "Were in the middle of a test!" and the fireman said "I dont care, there's a fire!" and all the students bolted.

... but we had to re-sit the exam 2 days later :(

^___^
HSC
there was a bomb scare or something last yr iin the lib

they evacuated the whole place and when i was about to walk into the direction of the lib, this lady just started yelling at me and telling me to take a de tour when i was like back near the lincolin building..lol

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
hmmm, how bout the time they evacuated the library....

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
I've been missing in a bomb scare! :D
lol

hmm anyways... i think its just a drill, cuz its been going on all week, and one of the security ppl told me it was a drill

^___^
HSC
yeah

i had one this wk in e5a
like 10minutes before the alarm rang u can see security guards walking around, looking pretty busy, lucky for me the bell rang like 5 - 10minutes early

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
security guys have been checkin the alarms... yesterday wen i was walkin to class 3 dsecurity dudes were at a panel and when i went pass they turned it on...

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
It's funny because all those students who leave their belongings on the library tables and go off to class get really worried.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
:: ryan.cck :: said:
saw a firetruck outside my tute today.. lol

man first it was in the lib.. had to leave and give up study time.. then the next day i was in price.. bloody hell same thing happened... then today i hear it from the outside.. cant concentrate
lol and we had an awesome group study room all to ourselves...those curries nearly stole it from us

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Supra said:
lol and we had an awesome group study room all to ourselves...those curries nearly stole it from us
lolz i rkn!! "ryan its just those fobs next door pulling off a prank"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)