Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Thats the poem, I am having issues relating the poem to discovery. Do I just go into the exam with the mindset that I wont use the poem? I find Robert frost is hard to do for discovery, as not all of the poems are like in your face discovery.
Whats the discovery?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
You could try searching up interpretations/analyses of it online (sites like Wikipedia or others). But I guess it's getting a bit late now.

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
You could try searching up interpretations/analyses of it online (sites like Wikipedia or others). But I guess it's getting a bit late now.
it is a bit late, we went through a detailed analysis of it in class relating it to dantes inferno, but never really got the discovery thing of it, tbh I forgot it was a poem we had to do

beccaaalittle

HSC
speaker discovering connection between human nature (desire and hate) and the natural world (fire and ice) using his past experiences of love and hate, e.g. from what ive tasted of desire i hold with those who favour fire: he has had such destructive experiences with desire he believes it could end the world. frost uses extended metaphor (nature; fire and ice) to convey the poems discovery. also explores how sacrifice is necessary in making discoveries, as persona had to go through bad experiences to realise that love and hate can be just as damaging as fire and ice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)