fire poi/glowstringing (1 Viewer)

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
hey all....i know its a pretty unknown interest but was wondeirng if anyone in sydney particularly was into it

if u dont know what it is, well fire poi is like a polynesian dance thingy, like they attach flaming balls of fire onto chains or string and swing it around to make patterns and sutff

glowstringing is a replica of fire poi but originated from the rave scene, in which ppl use glowsticks attached to strings to make patterns and stuff
pretty popular in the states, esp in chicago and socal in raves, but was wondering about here in oz, coz at utopia my mate couldnt find any stringers

Ebonics

My sis, used to do circus stuff with poi's and poles uni-cycles. She was ok with the pois. i reckon it looks cool. I havent seen her using them lately tho.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i've got a few friends that twirl/do stuff with poi... actually, just went with them on thursday to this thing... every thursday, in the park at the end of glebe pt road (near the water, buggered if i know what it's called :p), from about 8:30-9pm till round midnight, stacks of people meet up to do firetwirling/juggling/poi/whatever... good fun. lotsa hippies though, but they're not too scary :D :p

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
ahh serious? damn i might have to get to one of those meets

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)