First assesment based on peter skrzynecki (1 Viewer)

redshift

HSC
Ok ive got my first assesement task on thursday and my teacher hasnt gave has any preperation for this and expects us to write a essay tonight and hand it in tommorow so she can give it to us wednesday in time for thursdays assesment.

Can someone please PLEASE outline what i should do in like a essay plan for this question.

Choose 2 of skryzynecki's poe,s and discuss how different asepcts of physical joneys are presented [Refer to langauge/imagery used, tone, mood, strcutre and voice.]

Ive chosen Immigrants at central station, post card, crosing the red sea.

All help is much appreciated, thanx!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
redshift said:
Ok ive got my first assesement task on thursday and my teacher hasnt gave has any preperation for this and expects us to write a essay tonight and hand it in tommorow so she can give it to us wednesday in time for thursdays assesment.

Can someone please PLEASE outline what i should do in like a essay plan for this question.

Choose 2 of skryzynecki's poe,s and discuss how different asepcts of physical joneys are presented [Refer to langauge/imagery used, tone, mood, strcutre and voice.]

Ive chosen Immigrants at central station, post card, crosing the red sea.

All help is much appreciated, thanx!
this is just like a standard aos extended response. in your intro clearly state what aspects of journey are illustrated in the two/three poems your doing. then discuss and analyse both poems. talk about how the composer has conveyed this notion of journey and link and integrate similarities and differences between each other. Use linking words to link both poems together such as "this aspect of journey is once again seen in ...) and always rememeber to refer back to the question after you have anaylsed a poem. you just have say something like "therefore the migrants in this poem clearly demonstrates that .." =]

Last edited:

redshift

HSC
see the other classes are doing front line and our teacher is so gay that we have to do something different. I mean for standard english which source do you think we would intake more?

Illidan

HSC
make sure your essay flows, and you talk about the persona of the poet. you get big marks for doing that. Your poems are an excellent choice, however make sure you have at least one backup incase your support texts don't fit into the three you have currently chosen.

Here's a sample structre.

The poet feels alienated and afraid. this is seen in .... through these techniques (they're big on tequniques).

this is also senn in...

i would consider having Felix skryzencki and the blue hole poem (sorry, can't remember the title) as backups because they can be extremely useful for contrast, for example, felix skryzeckis feelings, to that on his son.

redshift

HSC
"physical journeys can provide the opportunity to expand your experiences and discover new parts of yourself" Discuss( Refer to 3 of skrzyneckis poems)

This is the question i believe so can someone outline what im meant to do to obtain maxium marks, as in the structure. Thanx

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
redshift said:
"physical journeys can provide the opportunity to expand your experiences and discover new parts of yourself" Discuss( Refer to 3 of skrzyneckis poems)

This is the question i believe so can someone outline what im meant to do to obtain maxium marks, as in the structure. Thanx
is that the actual question your teacher gave you? i don't get what they mean by "expand your experiences" sorry.

but anyways like i said above:

this is just like a standard aos extended response. in your intro clearly state what aspects of journey are illustrated in the two/three poems your doing. then discuss and analyse both poems. talk about how the composer has conveyed this notion of journey and link and integrate similarities and differences between each other. Use linking words to link both poems together such as "this aspect of journey is once again seen in ...) and always rememeber to refer back to the question after you have anaylsed a poem. you just have say something like "therefore the migrants in this poem clearly demonstrates that .." =]
good luck !

redshift

HSC
50 minutes b4 i take the assesment. I think our teacher has basically outlined everything and even given us e.g.'s to work off. Ill most likely copy it very closely to what she wrote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)