First Assessment Task help (1 Viewer)

lolJK

HSC
Hey, just had a question regarding my first assessment task. So im doing blade runner and frankenstein and the first task is an essay based on a paticular scene from the movie and a certain chapter from the book.

How would you go about approaching this. Would you leave out any ideas/themes or evidence which is not in these passages?

thanks.

Bobbo1

HSC
I wouldn't say to leave them out completely if it's a major theme or concept but try and focus your attention on the scene or chapter, making sure to quote only from there. You should also skim over the other scenes, and chapters with some analysis and quotes as BOS is changing their approach from allowing rote learned responses to students who really know their work back to front, for example, just look at the Module B question this year - it caught a lot of people off guard...

determine

Premium Member
HSC
I wouldn't say to leave them out completely if it's a major theme or concept but try and focus your attention on the scene or chapter, making sure to quote only from there. You should also skim over the other scenes, and chapters with some analysis and quotes as BOS is changing their approach from allowing rote learned responses to students who really know their work back to front, for example, just look at the Module B question this year - it caught a lot of people off guard...
That's the key. You need to know everything about the text, and you need to be able to integrate and draw things together effectively and succinctly - i.e. you can't just keep waffling on about something irrelevant and hope it'll get you marks, you basically need to hit the nail on the head with themes, techniques, quotes & effects on responses and never waver from that!

Galladrim

HSC
If it's within the scope of the question try to link back as well as to how this particular extract is significant in highlighting the connections between the texts as a whole, perhaps as a closing statement. This shows your appreciation of the module as a whole.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)