first concert and album (1 Viewer)

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
I'm asian cuz I appreciate good lighting and pyrotechnics at a gig...?
If you've ever been to a Car_Bomb gig, you'd get an appreciation of this shit too.
It makes a big difference to the feel of a show.

I agree with you on some level.
Certainly, they are not great musicians, but I'm the first to admit they aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be. I mean, the guitarist is playing straight up swamp rock, and fairly well I might add, the bassist does his job, and the drummer can hold a beat (even if he is boring as fuck both in terms of his playing and his perforcance skills). But the thing is, the band has popularised themselves through their singer, Gerard Way. Which is unfortunate, seeing as though he is a talentless, pretentious, self-absorbed, melodramatic wanker with a voice that could send my old spanish teacher running. He is not sexy. The sad crowd-pleasing stunt he pulled by kissing one of the other guys was pathetic. He CANNOT sing, and he's an arse in person.

Apparently the guitarrist started a side project on his own called "leatherface" or something (no doubt because Ed Gein was taken) I haven't given them a listen yet, but it can't be worse than the work he did with MCR.
no...i meant cuz u type XD and such things lol...~~~~ gives it away haha

i like his singing...and who cares if theyre not technical...some of the best bands havent been the greatest musicians...look at green day, nirvana and the ramones...power chords anyone?

meeatu

HSC
no...i meant cuz u type XD and such things lol...~~~~ gives it away haha

i like his singing...and who cares if theyre not technical...some of the best bands havent been the greatest musicians...look at green day, nirvana and the ramones...power chords anyone?

o_O What planet have you lived on for the past 10 years or so...?

Ick. His singing is unbearable. His voice is that of a prebubescent girl whinning in the ear of whoever will listen, while running her nails down a chalkboard - except somehow, he mannages to condense hours of that into every syllable.

a) I never claimed that technical proficiency makes the artist. One of my favourite bands ever is Mclusky, A down-to-roots folk/punk band who can barely play their instruments lol - It's not their lack of technicality that makes MCR schit, it's the singers voice.

b) DO NOT put green day and MCR alongside The Ramones and Nirvana except to ridicule them!

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
o_O What planet have you lived on for the past 10 years or so...?

Ick. His singing is unbearable. His voice is that of a prebubescent girl whinning in the ear of whoever will listen, while running her nails down a chalkboard - except somehow, he mannages to condense hours of that into every syllable.

a) I never claimed that technical proficiency makes the artist. One of my favourite bands ever is Mclusky, A down-to-roots folk/punk band who can barely play their instruments lol - It's not their lack of technicality that makes MCR schit, it's the singers voice.

b) DO NOT put green day and MCR alongside The Ramones and Nirvana except to ridicule them!
ummm i didnt put them in same category...i just musical technicality...

and 10 years? what the hell?

allykat92

HSC
My first concert was Survivor when I was 8 :) My first album was the Backstreet Boys though :S Waaayyyyy past that!

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
first gig. the wiggles ~yeah~

otherwise, james blunt back to bedlam in 05

cd would've been the grease soundtrack :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)