First day for first years? (1 Viewer)

Ricky09

HSC
What did everyone thiiiiink? Especially the business kids...

Riona

Pfeffernuesse?
HSC
I thought the work was pretty straightforward myself. Just very dense, and it will take a long time to memorise all of it.

I liked my long break in the city... But the long lecture was too much. It was obvious that after the first one people just couldn't absorb so much dense information anymore. The lab in the morning was fine, personally. I thought it moved a little quickly though. heh I guess you just have to cope.

Riona

Pfeffernuesse?
HSC
I thought the work was pretty straightforward myself. Just very dense, and it will take a long time to memorise all of it.

I liked my long break in the city... But the long lecture was too much. It was obvious that after the first one people just couldn't absorb so much dense information anymore. The lab in the morning was fine, personally. I thought it moved a little quickly though. heh I guess you just have to cope.

Logistics

HSC
Reminds me of my first 2 weeks at uni. Trying to listen and write everything down.
Then you just don't give a f$%@ anymore and do the assignments you're given, cram everythign before the exam and hope all goes well :D

Working so far lol

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
boring. but its first week so its kind of expected.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
:p

Well 3 years back...first lecture was a bit of a shock compared to small classes at high school. It did get a tad boring, and it had one of the most boring lecturers I have had at UTS. I still jotted down notes. And I still write down important details in the lectures and take university seriously =).

My tip for success at university
- listen in class,
- take down notes,
- ask questions,
- contribute to lecutres and tutorials
- take part in as many presentations as you could - many people are scared of public speaking and you get ample opportunity to practice public speaking at university
- take part in extracurricular activities such as camp organisation (Yellow shirts in IT), SPROUTS and various other competitions.
- stress less
- get a year planner from the Co-op bookshop and mark all the due dates as in your subject outlines
- buy a proper decent diary (I don't like the union diaries - they have more junk in them!) - try plan your week or at least the next day
- find work - nothing better than having practical first hand experience. Get out of Kmart, Maccas or Target...any sorts of departmental stores - trust me office jobs can be a lot more satisfying and you learn more!

Good luck...and at university time flies away :) so make friends and have a balance!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
this is my second week lol :S:S
first week only had two days muahhaha. Pretty boring as usual

whoopsies didnt read the "for first year bit" my bad lol

Last edited:

Superstar44

HSC
boring... i was expecting harder work ... so basic O.O i know i shall be kicking myself later saying its all getting harder... but the subject outlines look easy too just lots of work to be handed in tedious....
last two days have been more stressful trying to figure out where rooms are, remembering people's names, sorting timetables and trying to buy materials that keep running out because everyone is buying them :(

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
its totally what i expected being a first year UTS, but a second year uni student
bludge=boring

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
I hate uni at the moment. I feel like I just don’t give a shit anymore, after being so hyped up about it for the last year or so. Perhaps, I haven’t adapted to having to again push myself into a study routine, as I’ve been on holidays for a few months. The work is also too basic for my liking and its nothing more then shit boring, as I’ve learnt a majority of it 1000 times in year 12. But, then again, I feel bad, if I’m not doing any work.

Anyone else, share similar feelings?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
well the first few weeks of uni is basically revision of last years work, ie chemistry, maths etc
im sure youll enjoy learning new things as the semester progresses, so dont give up yet
im sure youll be fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)