first day (1 Viewer)

sunny

meh.
HSC
Here's the obligatory "how was your first day?" :)

millymoo

HSC
good, met some fun people

ps. seats in webster theatre b are sooooo back breaking

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Although this is my 2nd year uni, its my first year at unsw. Probably couldnt have been a worse start. I only had one hour of class, a comp2711 lecture at 10-11. So i show up to the room the timetable i printed a while ago said: 'Electrical Engineering G25'. However, no one was there! Having no clue what to do, i got the brilliant idea to go to the CSE office. Turns out there was a room change, and i was meant to be at CLB7. By then it was close to 10:30, and couldnt be bothered rocking up late. Thus, i went to uni today and didnt end up going to my lecture.

gman03

HSC
Background: the prerequisite for ELEC3006 is ELEC2032, which was a KILLER course, 40% failure rate so do speak.

Today the first lecture for ELEC3006, a Hardcore Electronics class, there was an unusual high number of nice looking blondes/chics who weren't in the previous electronics course. Lecturer came in and put up a slides "Welcome to ELEC3006". A guy asked "is this the same as ELEC0807". "Waht?" asked the lecturer. "Like an introduction to electronics".

I laughed! VERY LOUD!!! while recalling how hard was the pre-req and how the HARDEST ELEC COURSE could be mistaken with an intro to noob elec course.

People left, and the lecture room became a dark asia again.

elfm

HSC
it was pretty shit. was way bored during those 3hrs of lectures and all those 1st years were way too cheery... should be good in a week or two.

btw, why the hell was uni so packed today? next monday will probably have us see half the amount of students that we saw today

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
gman03 said:
I laughed! VERY LOUD!!! while recalling how hard was the pre-req and how the HARDEST ELEC COURSE could be mistaken with an intro to noob elec course.
I reckon the hardest ELEC course (out of the core subjects) is ELEC3014 (Systems & Control 1), at least for ELEC3006 the lecturer is good.

HSC
god damn was my evening class of LEGT1711 loud fuckers, i couldn't hear the lecturer

otherwise, i got lost many times didnt meet anyone new and i like the uni

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I only had one lecture today. But the uni was packed as. All the clueless little first years running around with their maps.

gman03

HSC
wogboy said:
I reckon the hardest ELEC course (out of the core subjects) is ELEC3014 (Systems & Control 1), at least for ELEC3006 the lecturer is good.
Thanks for that wogboy.... I will save my cry for later :D:D

Another "hardest" course will be Energy 1 (because I just purely suck at that...) which will be on tomorrow :'(

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
was really laidback (i get mondays off)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Basically all lectures were cut in half as it was just an intro, bludge but good :eek:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Had 3 hour lectures straight. Then two hour break followed by a lab which is supposedly to be 4 hours. Even though we are in third year, we had to go to the library to do an introduction research skill thingy for Sirius.

Argh! Test already on Wednesday week 1.. WHAT TO DO??! ARGH!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Ugh, I got there 15 minutes late for Edtst1101, but luckily it hadn't started. We got a hand out, the lady talked, we left.

I then explored the university for 45 minutes, which left me with another 1 hour and 15 minutes to fill in. I bought the herald, and read over the crap they gave us in Edst.

Then it was off to Geos1701, which had a funny lecturer, in the Matthews theatre that ended early.

Then it was another hour break (I went to the poster shop).

Then it was bios1201 in the Matthews Theatre again for a lecture with some angry lady yelling from up the front about text books and lab coats. I met some dude there, I forget his name.

Then I went home.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Casmira said:
god damn was my evening class of LEGT1711 loud fuckers, i couldn't hear the lecturer

otherwise, i got lost many times didnt meet anyone new and i like the uni
I had a 2pm class for it, and yes, loud mother fuckers, but didn't need to hear anything anyway... it was just some asian lady reading the course guidelines.

There were about 3 or 4 real hottie type white babes there!

Oh and a helpful note to everyone - if you have headphones in your ears (regardless of whether they are on or not) then it stops dickheads trying to be your friend :D

...also, if you're in to not looking like a lame ass first year, just act like you know where you're going and what you are doing, regardless of how hopeless you feel. Whenever i did happen to be approached by a cockbite wanting to talk to me they usually opened with "so you're a second year? man it must be easy when you know your way around" even though I was constantly in state of being extremely fucking lost.

Last edited:
HSC
i had a "fuck i look lost" look on my face, nobody asked me a thing

yes on the hot aussie girls!

ECON1101 (1-2) had more hotties, theres a girl that visits this forum that i saw that day!! damn my folder set on fire

nobody really bothered me because i looked like i was pissed off but i wasnt, i as just confused

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
-Got to My first lecture 35 mins late (caught the 'All stops' train... Bleh!...Oh and it took me about 20 mins to find CLB... and later i figured i had walked right past it about 3 times)

-Heard about 10 minutes of rambling about 'something' in the first lecture, im sure it had something to do with Maths!...lol I waited outside the lecture room hoping that someone i had met in O week had been in the lecture, and to my surprise i found one guy (he told me i didnt really miss out on anything)

-Had a 2 hour break before my next lecture (thanks to there being no tuts in week 1), explored uni, got to familiarise myself with the buildings where all my lectures are...

-Had Physics with Joe Wolfe... awesome Guy--- quite funny by the way!

left uni at about 1... and yeah

Im sure tmrw will be alot worse, gotta go from 9-5!

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
I don't have 1101 till thursday, but looking forward to some eye candy! The best part is you know they must be reasonably intelligent too, which adds about +10 sex appeal.

Biomed theatres suck cock.

CLB theatres are great but!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
man i hate the biological building
took me like 10minutes trying to find room 456
its like a fukin maze.....so u have to kinda guess where the room was and i walked past it like twice

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
- kore1000: nice people, some hot guys, weird lecturer

- japn3000: alright i guess, a lot of new people, hard content :/

- bioc2181: too many eager 2nd years, packed, was sitting in front of someone who smelt like a giant mothball

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)