First in course 2015 (1 Viewer)

anniebghs

HSC
Hey guys,
Has anyone been told (phone or email) by BOSTES that they've come first in state in a course? Do we know when exactly BOSTES makes these phone calls? Apparently it's a few days in advance of the release of HSC results so people can arrange their schedule to attend that special ceremony on Tuesday

Flop21

HSC
What do you mean tuesday, next week? So the special ceremony is a day before results? Or?

leehuan

HSC
I think, yes, actually the First in Course are recognised the day before the results are released.

anniebghs

HSC
Traditionally it is the day before results like leehuan said. However I'm not sure where the recipients get announced

leehuan

HSC
Formal statement on BOSTES:

The 2015 HSC merit lists will be published progressively on the BOSTES website from Tuesday 15 December:

First in Course – students who come first in an HSC course (provided their result is also in the top band).
Top Achievers in Course – students who are in the top places in each course and who have also achieved a top band result.
Distinguished Achievers – students who have received a top band result in one or more HSC courses.
All-round Achievers – students who are distinguished achievers for courses totalling 10 or more units.

(It doesn't, however, mention the ceremony)

Sarah Jane 1

HSC
Has anyone been notified yet? I suppose the calls should come today so that the award recipients have sufficient time to organise transport and schedule the ceremony on Tuesday.

anniebghs

HSC
According to this link from BOSTES http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/news-media/hsc-media-guide-2015/protocols.php

First in Course ceremony – Tuesday 15 December 2015
The media will be invited to attend the First in Course ceremony to film the presentation on Tuesday 15 December 2015 at 11 am. Selected students will be available for interviews and limited photo opportunities after the presentation.

anniebghs

HSC
Has anyone been notified yet? I suppose the calls should come today so that the award recipients have sufficient time to organise transport and schedule the ceremony on Tuesday.
I just got a call. They said BOSTES will try to reach out to all award recipients over the next few days, if not today.

ngocha11

HSC
I just got a call. They said BOSTES will try to reach out to all award recipients over the next few days, if not today.
Did you come first in ESL or Vietnamese? And what was the number that called you? Was it a private number? Did they also send you an email too?

nerdz1

HSC
Did you come first in ESL or Vietnamese? And what was the number that called you? Was it a private number? Did they also send you an email too?
Technically she is not allowed to disclose this information to the public as of yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)