First Place in Course (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaldoking

HSC
Hey guys,

Has anyone got a phone call about first place in course?

:)

jet

Banned
HSC
Don't phone calls start on friday?

wendybird

HSC
holy sh**t like tomorrow!?!

ETA: oh and Jetblack - I just realised you were a Cosmologist, were you there at the dinner? Because results were kind of released on that night (raw, HSC marks and ranks)

jet

Banned
HSC
I was actually at the graduation, but not the dinner. What sort of stuff did they say?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
OP: It starts on Friday and continues till Sunday mate. BTW, even if someone got a phone-call, they are not supposed to announce it to the public.

Wendy: plz tell us who came first in Philo and Cosmo (pm would be good if you know)

jet

Banned
HSC
Yeah they do. All the past years are in the statistics archive. You can see Namu's name there :p

jet

Banned
HSC
Lol, I'm getting more pressure from you than my parents!

wendybird

HSC
Sorry guys (Namu, Michael?)

I scanned both the cosmology and philosophy lists, but for Cosmology since I didn't know anyone, I didn't pay it much attention - probabably someone who was there could tell you? (Distinction forum perhaps?)

As for Philosophy er...I've forgotten now - but it was some Ruse person. :)

jakennecon

HSC
Namu, for what reason does it continue until Sunday - is it because some people aren't available at their phones on the Friday/Saturday, or is it purely because they take so long to phone up the entire list of people? Btw good luck with 4U maths/getting a call, I have to say, your reputation preceeds you ;)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Namu, for what reason does it continue until Sunday - is it because some people aren't available at their phones on the Friday/Saturday, or is it purely because they take so long to phone up the entire list of people? Btw good luck with 4U maths/getting a call, I have to say, your reputation preceeds you ;)
I'm guessing it would be both reasons - the BOS only has 220 fulltime employees, and only a fraction of those would be working on making the phone calls. There's over 100 courses they have to go through as well.

Does anyone know if state rankers get phone calls, or an email or something?

gq430

HSC
N/A
ajd - no, only first in course get calls (notified). If you get a top ranking (either top 5, 10, 20) you will appear on the BOS statistics archive on the internet.

jakennecon

HSC
No, state rankers do NOT get calls or emails, meritorious though their achievements may be. Their names are published on the BoS website eventually, however. As I understand it, the reason why the BoS makes phone calls is as much about explaining the arrangements for the awards ceremony as it is about congratulating the students. So there is little purpose in contacting all the state rankers in addition to the students who placed first in course.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
ajd - no, only first in course get calls (notified). If you get a top ranking (either top 5, 10, 20) you will appear on the BOS statistics archive on the internet.
I do know of a state ranker last year who had some listing of the state rankers which was going to be published in the Herald, and I think he might have had that emailed to him the day before the normal results come out, but I'm not sure. But I guess you're right about phone calls - there'd be way too many people to ring anyway.

wendybird

HSC
^ last year the SMH list for the state rankings leaked on BOS ;)

I hope it does this year again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)