First Post (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Isn't English also part-Germanic and Anglo-Saxon (eg. "Bed", "Boat", "Sit", et al). There. Blame the Germans instead of Mr. Kaesar. #:cool:

jenster

sam i hate that i'm so insignificant you don't even notice i'm not there with you, and that i'm in here sulking because you're ignoring me.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
lol...

the very nature of latin students means that it is highly unlikely they will post on these boards...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Latin this year probably has less than 200 people studying the language so there aren't many out there to start with.

A few generalisations can be made about Latin students, as follows: They are either -
A. Very fond of the ancient Roman world; or
B. Someone who wants high marks and is willing to work like a mad person; or
C. Someone very smart; or
D. Someone highly disturbed (for studying a dead language - maybe you could go to the Vatican but otherwise a highly dead language).

I am a Latin student, so I think I'm entitled to make these assumptions.

ghostrider

as a fellow latin student
i agree with most of your assumptions.
i personally did it out of the krazy scaling that it gets, not out ofd a love of the subject. A guy at my school last year got an internal mark 0f 55. with the resultant moderation and exam mark his final mark was 89. freak arse scaling.

i do believe however you left one assumption out of those who study hsc latin.

6) Unless you attent a slective school you are most probably a little rich kid from a snobby north shore private school.

although discriminatoryin many cases it is true. latin and anceint greek. subejcts only offered to the wealthy and or/ brilliant.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
totally agree with the selective or rich private school kid

personally from a selective school

anyway, because the people are either from psycho selective schools or rich private schools, the candidature is significantly strong than most subjects, which leads to ridiculous scaling (which is great if your a Latin student)

good ol' scalin

ghostrider

scaling

yeh how fuckin brilliant it it.

the one good thing about latin is you seriosuly have NO CHANCE IN HELL or doing it if your dumb. so they get really good candidtaure they pushes the marks up something savage...its like only a few below 4u mths and crap and it is basically the highest ranked humanities subejct (besides extension ancient lanaguages)

yeah so...rock on latin

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
As a latin scholar...

I think I must be of the mad/disturbed variety.

Why not, I say?

Weisy

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
the first page and a half of this thread was spam ... how disgraceful of people wandering in and polluting my kingdom ...

*thinks - shall i prune this thread* ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)