first year Bachelor of Computing student questions (1 Viewer)

azn_boy

Where ever YOU want me to be .........BABE
HSC
N/A
Yeah i just got a few questions for past students
1. when does the timetables come out
2. is there a big rush of student to allocated spots for tutes and letures
3. how long are tutes and letures
4. when do timetables come out
5. what kind of programs do they use in the course ( like programing programs etc

thanx :eek:

ace

is retired
HSC
azn_boy said:
Yeah i just got a few questions for past students
1. when does the timetables come out
2. is there a big rush of student to allocated spots for tutes and letures
3. how long are tutes and letures
4. when do timetables come out
5. what kind of programs do they use in the course ( like programing programs etc

thanx :eek:
1. Timetables have been out since late last year. Enrol in MYUNSW. (www.my.unsw.edu.au)
2. For the first years, it's not normally a rush, however most people will complete there enrolment when they start accepting there offer. For tutorials and lectures, you'll have to see what is available, and get what you want. For later years, depending on course popularity, plan ahead, and enrol early.
3. This depends on the subjects, generally tutes are 1hr to 1.5hrs, labs are generally 1hr to 1.5hrs, and lectures are normally 1hr or 2hrs at once.
4. same as 1.
5. Depends what course you mean, for the first computing subject you do COMP1011/1711, you will use Haskell (Functional Programming Language), for COMP1021/COMP1721, you will use C.

Rep ME :D

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
ace - wrong forum ... get unsw out of the uws forum!!!

azn_boy - The timetable is currently up under p-web http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/pweb_tt/start.asp

On the timetable you will find most of the answers to the questions that you asked. You will need to know specific subjects, so look in the handbook for what subjects you will be doing.

klh

HSC
programs....are you doing PP1? programmng principles 1?

we learnt c++, using borland turbo c++..hate that syntax...
but my tutorer said we can use the free open source one you can dl off the net, i forgot its name though.

turbo uses old style c++ syntaz, i hope you know this as some functions cant be declared but can be in the open source one.

you can get it if you buy the textbooks, but i didnt bother with any and still got a credit. plusi filed the mid sem for it too. Besy is to use the open source one, free and really good too! its the whole program, compiler and text editor and it runs the thing too. not like borland, have to manually run it by clicking it in its folder.

found it Bloodshed Dev C++ http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)