First Year Textbooks (1 Viewer)

googled

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hi there,

I've done a search and found some threads but I'd like to start a new and fresh one. Anway, I'm starting med this year and ignoring whether or not a text is prescribed, what are some of the better ones?

Also, I've noticed in the other threads people go on about which textbook they prefer for histology, anatomy and so on. Generally, what are the main sciences that are studied in first year?

Cheers,
Googled

edit: sped up sound of sentences

Last edited:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
go with the word... "sciences"
cos anatomology sounds retarded :)

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Books I liked:
  • Drake - Grays Anatomy for Students
  • Mims - Medical Microbiology
  • Rang n' Dale - Pharmacology
  • Guyton n' Hall - Textbook of Medical Physiology
  • Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
  • Langman - Medical Embryology

Also, for your hit of public health and social justice related inspiration check out one of the following books by Dr. Paul Farmer:
  • AIDS and Accusation: Haiti and the Geography of Blame
  • Infections and Inequalities: The Modern Plagues
  • Pathologies of Power: Health, Human Rights, and the New War on the Poor

rozymisty

HSC
Be prepared to spend a bloody fortune on books,especially if your doing medicine, coz theyd make you buy every bloody book under the sun lol. As long as its recent then thats all that matters.

And they wll be 'investment' books. Get a good book that makes things clear for you. No point in getting anatomy books that make things very confusing and you get so stressed and drop the whole degree.

googled

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
rozymisty said:
Be prepared to spend a bloody fortune on books,especially if your doing medicine, coz theyd make you buy every bloody book under the sun lol. As long as its recent then thats all that matters.

And they wll be 'investment' books. Get a good book that makes things clear for you. No point in getting anatomy books that make things very confusing and you get so stressed and drop the whole degree.
Yeah good point. Same thing is important with the HSC as well...

Thanks btw too Kfunk, I appreciate it a lot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)