First year uni subjects (1 Viewer)

jjHasm

HSC
Hey guys, at the moment fully enrolled and made a timetable at unsw, doing commerce and maths. Just a bit confused at what subjects to be doing in my first semester, and have a bunch of questions

Here's the handbook for my course: http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2018/3523.html

At the moment I enrolled myself in ACCT1501, ECON1101, FINS1613 (coz it sounds really really cool and interesting), as well as MATH1141.

What I'm a bit skeptical about is that 3 of 4 of these subjects (so 18/24 credits) are business ones, and only 6 are maths ones. Should I be concerned about this? So should it be 2 math 2 business subjects, to maximise completion in degree and not extend duration? Also, because the degrees name has (Honours) in it, does this mean it is unconditional of marks and I will be doing an honours year no matter what? If so, does this mean I don't need to do SCIF1131 in my first year? (because it says do SCIF1131 OR complete honours year? but it also says you HAVE to do SCIF1131, idek really confusing). Lastly, do these 4 subject combination for first semester look ordinary and nothing out of ordinary? might have asked some stupid questions so excuse me for that, just really anxious with all this subject stuff because i dont want to screw myself over and do any credits in some other stream or not part of my degree, just making sure

D94

HSC
N/A
Sounds like a fairly standard first semester.

Maximise completion? It's important for you to get the prerequisite and core courses out of the way first before moving on or moving too far down a path. You can probably worry more about it in Semester 2.

You still need to maintain a certain level of marks to complete your Honours year. It's not automatic.

Where does it say "SCIF1131 OR complete honours year"? From what I can see, you have to do SCIF1131 - and my friends who did that degree combo also did SCIF, so I don't think you're reading it correctly.

jjHasm

HSC
Sounds like a fairly standard first semester.

Maximise completion? It's important for you to get the prerequisite and core courses out of the way first before moving on or moving too far down a path. You can probably worry more about it in Semester 2.

You still need to maintain a certain level of marks to complete your Honours year. It's not automatic.

Where does it say "SCIF1131 OR complete honours year"? From what I can see, you have to do SCIF1131 - and my friends who did that degree combo also did SCIF, so I don't think you're reading it correctly.
I was getting confused under "The program rules are as follows:" and at points 3 and 4 it says "...SCIF1131 Science: Technological & Professional Perspectives (6 units of credit) must be completed in first year or;
An Honours Year of 48 units of credit must be completed. "

It's fine tho, thankyou for the help, I'll definitley enroll into SCIF1131 in semester 2.

And for the the prerequisite stuff, so should I just be following the "level 1" courses for now and then move on to level 2..lvl3.. onwards for my desired pathway/major? Is this what you mean? again, thanks for the help

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I was getting confused under "The program rules are as follows:" and at points 3 and 4 it says "...SCIF1131 Science: Technological & Professional Perspectives (6 units of credit) must be completed in first year or;
An Honours Year of 48 units of credit must be completed. "

It's fine tho, thankyou for the help, I'll definitley enroll into SCIF1131 in semester 2.

And for the the prerequisite stuff, so should I just be following the "level 1" courses for now and then move on to level 2..lvl3.. onwards for my desired pathway/major? Is this what you mean? again, thanks for the help
I'm pretty sure they fucked up and thats a typo

jjHasm

HSC
ok lol just found out the study plans for each specific pathway you want to take with this double degree nvm, everythings much easier now :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)