• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

First Year with absolutely no idea.... (1 Viewer)

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
I've never understood those bug-eyed sunnies, what's with them? Why are they so popular?

I think ugly chicks wear them to cover up their ugly faces.

HSC
N/A
lcf said:
re: 7

was it just me, or did anyone notice on Mentor day all the girls trying to out do each other in first yea with their funny vintage comes modern clothing and those bug eyed sunglasses, fake tans and 'i'm better than thou looks and poses'

bah! it's not a fashion show, or Wally's walk would be red -_-
ahaha

see, that stuff is apparently in fashion at the moment ;) get with the times, Iain!

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
lcf said:
was it just me, or did anyone notice on Mentor day all the girls trying to out do each other in first yea with their funny vintage comes modern clothing and those bug eyed sunglasses, fake tans and 'i'm better than thou looks and poses'

bah! it's not a fashion show, or Wally's walk would be red -_-
lol i noticed that too. it's like they're competing with eachother. I don't mind bug eyed sunglasses......but girls who wear high heels and tons of make up really bug me. ugh.

btw, are summer dresses casual enough? :/

latvia

HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
lol i noticed that too. it's like they're competing with eachother. I don't mind bug eyed sunglasses......but girls who wear high heels and tons of make up really bug me. ugh.

what's bug-eyed sunglasses?

u mean those reallly huge round ones?

it's so popular here..

when too many people wear it.... it's not so special anymore.. so why would they think it would make them look gorgeous if it's so "common"

tons of makeup.. some girls just have layers of makeup on (as if you can all tear it off like a mask at the end of the day) because they wanted to cover their bad skin.. that's understandable.. but if u already have good skin, I don't understand why you have to put on heavy makeup daily (unless ur emo.... which is hawt)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:

Its always easy to spot those as first years as well.

Its hilarious when they try and 'show off' and everyone around them a) doesn't care b) thinks they're idiots.

latvia

HSC
N/A
how can you tell the difference between someone who is trying to show off and someone who just happens to dress like that......

they will never admit it..

"oh this is just how I normally dress..I don't see what the fuss is about. huh? what?"

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
latvia said:
what's bug-eyed sunglasses?

u mean those reallly huge round ones?

it's so popular here..

when too many people wear it.... it's not so special anymore.. so why would they think it would make them look gorgeous if it's so "common"

tons of makeup.. some girls just have layers of makeup on (as if you can all tear it off like a mask at the end of the day) because they wanted to cover their bad skin.. that's understandable.. but if u already have good skin, I don't understand why you have to put on heavy makeup daily (unless ur emo.... which is hawt)
lol yeah, the really huge ones.

i dunno :confused:
people wear them because it's in fashion atm. they're pretty hawt imo, but you wouldn't wear them to uni i suppose :/

girls who wear too much foundation annoy the shit out of me.

latvia said:
how can you tell the difference between someone who is trying to show off and someone who just happens to dress like that......
you could tell by the way they act and stand/pose. iono :/

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
latvia said:

they will never admit it..

"oh this is just how I normally dress..I don't see what the fuss is about. huh? what?"
Yeah its usually the way they act, and the fact their clothes look brand new :p

X

xeuyrawp

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
To be honest, the dresses aren't the things that gets me, it's the stilleto shoes and shit that clearly is uncomfortable.

*hopeful*

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
people wear them because it's in fashion atm. they're pretty hawt imo, but you wouldn't wear them to uni i suppose :/
u wouldnt wear sunnies on a sunny day to uni :confused:

i dont really notice show-off's, i mean i notice the overly dressed etc but not really anyone showing off

edit: actually i dont really notice overdressing either, unless theres heels and tons of makeup involved

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
rofl, the amount of girls wearing sunnies on an overcast/rainy day was hilarious.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
rofl, the amount of girls wearing sunnies on an overcast/rainy day was hilarious.
what do you think they'd say if you ask them:

"hey, why are you wearing sunnies when it's not even sunny?"

(assuming you're not a total stranger)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
tlodg said:
what do you think they'd say if you ask them:

"hey, why are you wearing sunnies when it's not even sunny?"

(assuming you're not a total stranger)
I dont know or care?

Rainbow Joanna

HSC
You people are either fat or ugly, that's why u people wudnt look good with whatever you wear. Look, shut up all of urs, you're just all jealous that we are better looking than you, end of story.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Rainbow Joanna said:
You people are either fat or ugly, that's why u people wudnt look good with whatever you wear. Look, shut up all of urs, you're just all jealous that we are better looking than you, end of story.
Jealous of a pretentious dipshit like you? No wai :)

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
Rainbow Joanna said:

Hahaha. I hope this chick's for real, that makes it even funnier.

PS - Hey everyone! I haven't posted in ages, I blame work and moving house. Hope all's well:)

HSC
N/A
yay hi Claire! :wave:

For what it's worth, before semester started I went on a bit of a shopping spree and got like, 5 new tops and a really gorgeous pair of sunnies, because a) I was sick of singlet tops and b) I didn't have any sunnies beforehand :D

That being said I think a lot of it is in the attitude. Yes I like to dress up, but I don't radiate any kind of "if you don't dress up like me you're ugly and I'm not going to talk to you"/general appearance-related elitist type vibe. I think that's the kind of thing we're mainly picking at in this thread, because a portion of the "dressed up" people act as if it were beneath them to speak normally to other people :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)