bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
HA! I got the completely black fitness first bag not the black and blue ones :D

BUt meh...

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
any of you crazy kids go to the one at castle towers? is it any good? and what are the rates?

kthxbye

HSC
Im paying $59.95 a month for unlimited access, to any fitness first, on a student membership. It's a pretty good deal, bu t don't know if they still have it offered.

Abtari

HSC
as a student, i rkn fitness first sucks cos the memberships deals arent very well suited for students... ie not cheap enough and so not a good enough incentive..

Jiga

Yeah fitness first is expensive, how can you say a $60 per month deal is good as well... $720 in a year is good!? For that much you can buy your own decent home gym... and thats just going off the first year! Personally I bought my own equipment, cost around $500, its not as comprehensive as a proper gym but as long as you know the right excercises (which are readily avail. online) you can work all muscle groups... and this is a more long term solution because:

1. Its at home so you dont use travelling as an excuse not to go
2. You've already paid for the eqipment, so money cant be an excuse, its also an incentive to use it because "Ive waisted all that money!"
3. You can work out in da comfort of your own home or where ever, listen to music you like without having to wear annoying earphones while working out etc
4. Using your own equipment, dont have to worry about getting some skin disease or some sh*t off some bogan grub who didnt wipe the eqipment down properly.
5. Like I mentioned in regards to money, one off payment and you have the stuff you need as opposed to paying for fives years $60 per month = Total of $3600. I say 5 years because for guys at least trying to gain muscle, its a long term thing if you want to gain it and then maintain it (realistically longe than 5 years but meh), I think the home gym is a better option! And realistically, do you really think the service your getting their is $3600 worth?

I Dont know about other people, but its alot of money and needlessly wasted when you can have it all for cheaper... or AT LEAST go to a local gym that is usally cheaper and will have a more personalised serviced.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I go to the Dee Why one. Great atmosphere, huge weights area and the equipment is maintained fairly well.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
Yeah fitness first is expensive, how can you say a $60 per month deal is good as well... $720 in a year is good!? For that much you can buy your own decent home gym... and thats just going off the first year! Personally I bought my own equipment, cost around $500, its not as comprehensive as a proper gym but as long as you know the right excercises (which are readily avail. online) you can work all muscle groups... and this is a more long term solution because:

1. Its at home so you dont use travelling as an excuse not to go
2. You've already paid for the eqipment, so money cant be an excuse, its also an incentive to use it because "Ive waisted all that money!"
3. You can work out in da comfort of your own home or where ever, listen to music you like without having to wear annoying earphones while working out etc
4. Using your own equipment, dont have to worry about getting some skin disease or some sh*t off some bogan grub who didnt wipe the eqipment down properly.
5. Like I mentioned in regards to money, one off payment and you have the stuff you need as opposed to paying for fives years $60 per month = Total of $3600. I say 5 years because for guys at least trying to gain muscle, its a long term thing if you want to gain it and then maintain it (realistically longe than 5 years but meh), I think the home gym is a better option! And realistically, do you really think the service your getting their is $3600 worth?

I Dont know about other people, but its alot of money and needlessly wasted when you can have it all for cheaper... or AT LEAST go to a local gym that is usally cheaper and will have a more personalised serviced.
I think most cost-conscious people would have already considered a home gym to save money.. but what on Earth can you get for $500 right now?

Comments/Rebuttle:
1. That's a great point.
2. Like I said, I doubt $500 would be able to get me what I need.
3. I prefer working out in gym environments. I work out at both home and gym.. home feels so dull.
4. I wouldn't even consider that. Unless you don't shower all day after your gym session or that you go dive into some finger foods straight after a weights session.. I doubt I'd get any sort of skin disease. I personally certainly haven't after 3 years there.
5. I don't really know where you pulled that 5 years thing from. So are you saying 5 years of working out allows you to keep your muscle forever, even if you cease the resistance training? C'mon dude.. Perhaps you were trying to say that it takes 5 years to gain good muscle. That would of course, be a joke unless your nutrition/workouts/genes were gimped. As for that cost thing.. again I doubt $500 can get you much in terms of a home gym. $5,000, maybe enough to make me quit FF.

Collin

HSC
N/A
As for local gyms having personalised service, I'd have to agree there. But for many fitness enthusiasts who already know what they're doing.. they don't care about personalised service. They want quality equipment and a good environment to work out in. I've been to way too many cheaper local gyms with dodgier equipment etc.. - totally over it.

salsydney

HSC
fitness first is pretty cheap compared to what im paying... im at a local gym, but its absolutely massive, suuuch a nice gym.. i pay $17.50 a week, which is a student rate... it gives me access to our boxing room, and our normal aerobics studio, plus weights and cardio cinema.. for $25 a week, you get access to the entire gym, which includes spin studio, as well as pilates/yoga studio (which are an extra $3 per week otherwise each), plus personal training program.. its hell expensive, but its got a really nice atmosphere, has the nicest people working there, and all the equipment is always in pristine condition..

HSC
I was just saying that 60 a month is good for fitness first gold package.

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
Does anyone do any of the classes at fitness first?

I go to the Fitness First in Mona Vale and I am too scared to go into a class without knowing what they're like!

I am interested in doing the body jam and pilates classes.

HSC
Fitness First are really shifty - my sister made several appointments to cancel her membership but this can only be done once speaking to a manager, who was absent for two meetings.

She finally meet him today (third time lucky) and to cancel a membership you have to give one months notice so she has to pay for membership next month even if she won't use it.

Shifty, shifty Fitness First. I've never heard of a place that requires notification a WHOLE MONTH before someone intends to cancel membership!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)