Fixing impulse preference change (1 Viewer)

iamorbid

HSC
At around 11:59 I changed my preferences and put a course I'm not really into in the SECOND slot, based on a recommendation.

I'll look in more detail at the course and if there is no way I want to do it can I just call up the uni and tell them not to accept me (plz)? like just tear up my application when they see it :/
Instead of getting it, rejecting, waiting for final rounds...

funstudy

HSC
You could try calling UAC or the university itself??? Not sure if they'll do as you ask since your preferences are already in the system..

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
It's all automated you cant ring the uni up. You can change preferences whenever you like though and between rounds (or could last year atleast).

iamorbid

HSC
You could try calling UAC or the university itself??? Not sure if they'll do as you ask since your preferences are already in the system..
dont think they're opened on weekends, besides what excuse can I give?
It's all automated you cant ring the uni up. You can change preferences whenever you like though and between rounds (or could last year atleast).
12 am was the deadline for the main round

cheepy5

HSC
I'd ring up uac to see if they can help but i doubt it since they explicitly said the last day to change preferences for the main round was midnight. I suppose you have to hope you get an offer for your 1st preference otherwise just change them for the late round.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Nothing you can do.

Do accept whatever offer you receive in the main round though. If you don't get an offer in later rounds and let the main round offer lapse, you'll be left without a place at uni.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Just hope you get your first pref

Or do your second pref it might be more fun than you think. ^_^

iamorbid

HSC
i was in the same position last year

nothing you can do
Then what did you do about it? enjoying it now?
Nothing you can do.

Do accept whatever offer you receive in the main round though. If you don't get an offer in later rounds and let the main round offer lapse, you'll be left without a place at uni.
can I accept just to be safe but then get another offer in late round?
Just hope you get your first pref

Or do your second pref it might be more fun than you think. ^_^
med sci would be fun they said...

HSC
N/A
I changed it in the last 5 minutes without knowing much about the course.

Gon' die in engineering. LOL.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If you get offered this course, accept it, then change your preferences for the 2nd and final rounds and hope that one of them comes. If you don't accept this course there is a chance that you could actually miss out on a uni place at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)