• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Flatmate Issues (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
better than call the cops, call the bloody immigration department...or the herald, they'll publish the story.

post in the IT forum for how 2 get them off wireless

and, if they get too noisy call the cops and make a noise complaint (preferably whilst they're smoking pot)

and finally, take the moral highground, u deserve it

Cooleroo

Banned
HSC
i would like to know

is this american, by any chance, a negroe?

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
townie said:
better than call the cops, call the bloody immigration department...or the herald, they'll publish the story.

post in the IT forum for how 2 get them off wireless

and, if they get too noisy call the cops and make a noise complaint (preferably whilst they're smoking pot)

and finally, take the moral highground, u deserve it
Good Idea townie *thumbs up* :D

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I think that is good advice jezzmo.... see when they moved in I tried to be somewhat down with them because I thought then they would respect me.... but it hasn't really worked. I initially actually thought that living with yanks would be kinda fun.... how wrong I was. Also, tried talking to Josh about how hard it is working and having to get good grades.... his response "how come you work then?".... my response "to pay my rent and living expenses".... his response "what your parents don't pay that's fucked"... he then walks out to smoke a cone.

In all other flatmate house sharing issues I have had in the past, the approach jezzmo outlined has worked. In this situation it hasn't.

Comrade nathan

HSC
Simple solution: Burn the American flag.

Yanks are pussiess, he will cry and you film it.

Simple Solution 2: Send him to Bali, hid pot in his bag, Inform indonesian embassy.

Just do something sinister.

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
LOL I almost got rid of him for a while, he was speeding in New Zealand and almost got jailed except they let him go with a huge fine which his daddy paid. There must not have been any sniffer dogs at the airports when he travelled because you could smell the pot on him a mile away!

Funny story.... they went to tropfest and were highly offended by that film where a cardboard cutout of Dubya goes on a rampage.... they were like "I can't believe people laugh at our president being decapitated, it's so disrespectful" LOL whinging yanks.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Document document document.

Start a journal and record at the end of the day everything that he has done which you regard as bad.

Find/pay whatever an IT student to manage your security by monitoring connections to your Access Point you will also be able to prove that he is stealing your internet. Having established and documented this start using WEP 256 bit encryption, chnage your SSID (and set it not to broadcast), and enable MAC address filtering. What router/AP are you using?

Consult a lawyer.

Does your residency have any form of student governance eg a Senior Resident, dean of residents, residents council etc etc who you can ask to take up the issue with accomodation services.

Calling the police is unlikely to be effective as you are on University property (?), however campuss security is a viable option. Ring them and tell them that he's on the balcony smoking pot and it is affecting your asthma.

Prove that he is affecting your quality of life adversly. It would not be very hard to find a doctor who can verify that you are suffering from asthma (from the pot) and anxiety just from living near him.

As said by others collect a mass of evidence and take it around the beuracracy until something is don about it.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
couldnt you ring up with a noise complaint, and pretend to be from another house?
or get a neighhbour to ring up?

HSC
I think it's a good idea to keep track of ALL the majorly 'bad' (not quite the word i'm thinking of, but anyway...) things he's done, and to write them down and get someone to be your witness .

Once you have a fair amount, tell him that if he keeps this up then you'll be applying to UTS housing to get a new flatmate. If that doesn't work, go to the housing and tell them. If UTS chucks a 'you take care of it', then go with all the serious stuff (drugs, noise pollution, violent verbal abuse) to the police.

After that I don't know what you can do. But as a passing note, that Tropfest video was funny!!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
He's only here for a semester, so only about another 5 weeks. By the time I organized this stuff he would be gone anyway, so I guess I will just have to keep on living with it.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Since we have discussed the problems and they are leaving in 5 weeks what are your options of resolving this conflict?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
ARGH I'm trying to write an essay (I have a 50% essay due on Tuesday and a 30% feature article, plus a 20% tute presentation on Monday) and him and his friends are off their face. I asked him if they could be quieter or party somewhere else and he was like "It's not my fault you left your paper to the last minute dude" and they have progressively been getting louder and louder..... they are really drunk and stoned, there is nothing I can do to reason with them. argh just had to vent, I'm stressed enough about my uni work without having to deal with this. I have to work on the weekend as well.

Holy fuck they are singing now. This is going to be a long night, I hope they go out.... SOON. And I hope if they do they don't come back and make heaps of noise. Wishful thinking :(

Tuna

HSC
N/A
The problem was discussed, so what do you want to do about it?

tempco

HSC
do you have some sort of noise exclusion head phones? just put them over your ears. ear plugs work as well.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
good luck :( you need to buy earmuffs. don't let yourself stress.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I'll belt the shit out of him for you, Ash! how much will you pay me? :D

FuQ

Banned
HSC
Cyph said:
I'll belt the shit out of him for you, Ash! how much will you pay me? :D
More like how many headjobs she's willing 2 give out, surely that's worth more...

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I'll come down too! Gotta love a good decking!

..keep to headjobs for Cyph though....;)

I admire your keeping your temper in though Ash. If that were me, I'd have thrown a hell of alot of kitchen utensils at the bastard by now. Or really really fucked around with his head while he's high (had alot of practice with that with my own pot head mates). I'm glad we don't get dodgy yanks down here in Bathurst, and the few we get are actually half decent (and live in catered Wyndradyne so nobody cares about them anyway).

I can't believe it's gotten so bad though! I share a dorm with 25 other people and it's really good. A few people don't like each other, but they just stay out of each others way. If we had dicks smoking joints in our common room, we'd hadve the head head res person throw em out with a pretty big fine. How UTS accomm. people are treating you is a joke. Our lack of hot water seems rather small compared to your dick of a yank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)