Flexible Entry USYD (1 Viewer)

aaronnx

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I want to study Civil Engineering at USYD in 2013 and i'm applying for the 'Flexible Entry' scheme. Can anyone with past experiences who have been accepted through this scheme give me a run down on how this whole thing works? Also, the USYD website for flexible entry states:

Band 4 in at least : Mathematics Ext1, Ext2
Band 4 in at least: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Earth and Environmental Science

Im confident on band 5's for physics and biology but my Maths EX1 marks might not be up to scratch. Does this automatically rule me out for their considerations?

Any responses will be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

zxreth

HSC
Hey, i'm a successful applicant for this and I know exactly what you're going through. No it doesn't automatically rule you out, just make sure you have a decent amount of extra curricular stuff like volunteering, sport etc etc. Other than that if you're within 5 atar points of what the civil cut-off is for next year you should get in easy. Hope this helps!

joshman94

HSC
Is there a limit to how many courses you can apply for flexible entry? Or is it just 1?

zxreth

HSC
I don't think there is a limit, its just the amount of courses you put on your UAC preferences; so max 9.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)